Esteemed Contributor

PLEASE STOP ASKING US FOR A NICKNAME EVERY-TIME WE UP OR DOWNVOTE A REVIEW

To the QVC social Team.   Please advise the powers that be how annoying it is to have to go through this step.   It is, in my opinion, totally unnecessary and what purpose does it serve other than to annoy the heck out of most of us.

and while you're at it can you please also advise the powers that be to not allow people to review an item unless they have purchased the item.  Reviews are supposed to be there as a means to get an idea of fit, fabric etc not for someone to rail against the price or other complaint if they have not purchased the item!   Some reviews are just crazy

ONE cannot review an item on most w ebsites if you haven't purchased the item.

WHEW. Got that off my chest.!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: PLEASE STOP ASKING US FOR A NICKNAME EVERY-TIME WE UP OR DOWNVOTE A REVIEW

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Esteemed Contributor

@candyagain    It is the stupidest thing ever along with those stupid going going gone pop ups.

Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@candyagain    It is the stupidest thing ever along with those stupid going going gone pop ups.

Absolutely agree! Also those pop-ups get in the way of sizing and other information you'd need for ordering. Kind of defeats the purpose.......

Super Contributor

You may not like it but it  is for your protection to have several ways to make sure it is you. More and more companies are asking this if you need to change your password or an account of yours get hacked. If you ever get in that situation it will be a nightmare. So if they are asking for it, there is a reason.  IRS has also put in effect IPIN application to protect you for this reason going forward for doing taxes, it is a 6 digit number that you use to file your taxes with. Once your identity is compromised it is up to you to clear it up in most cases, so be careful because you are not the only one who do business with the Q.  

Honored Contributor

I really don't know how in the world it would be an identity or safety issue to give a review or give a new nickname every time.

When it asks for a new nickname to sign in I just ignore it and keep clicking continue. Not having this nonsense!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  I totally agree with you.   Giving a review has nothing at all to do with security

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyann45   This has nothing to do with security.   I am not giving any personal or credit card information.   It's totally ridiculous

Frequent Contributor

It makes no sense and it is beyond annoying.  I cannot see any reason for it. 

Respected Contributor

AGREE.  It is pointless!!