New Contributor

Re: PLEASE SELL BIRKENSTOCK SHOES AGAIN!

:smileysad i TOO WISH QVC WOULD SELL THEM AGAIN!!  I CAN ONLY WEAR THE ONES WHERE THE TOES ARE COVERED AND NO STRAPS ON THE BACK..  I HAVE TWO PAIRS THAT I HAD BOUGHT AND THEY ARE WEARING OUT!  LOOKED ON THE INTERNET ALL OVER AND CAN NOT FIND ANYTHING I LIKE.  ONES I HAVE ARE BIRKS DESIGNED BY MARYJANE.  .

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I have and I've sent some back (I spend stupid money mailing things back).  I have kept one or two pair hoping after I get my new knees I'll be able to wear them.  So far I can't wear them for very long though.

I have bought (and kept) several pairs of Clark shoes and I bought those Sketchers (I think it is Sketchers) Delights advertised on TV.  I think they look so neat.

Hopefully I'll be able to wear them after the operation and a month later.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66    Your surgery is coming up fast, isn't it?   I don't envy you having two knees done at the same time.  Will you be going to a rehab facility?  I had one knee done in 2011,  and need to do the other but will wait until I can't stand it anymore.  Considering the trauma the poor knee undergoes, it wasn't as painful as I expected, except for the day after I overdid my activity the day before.  Don't do that! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I've been dealing with this knee stuff for maybe 3 or 4 years now.  I'd come close to the operation and back off (just because I live alone and don't want to put anyone out during the recovery).

But (as many of you with these problems know), the body has other ideas on when you're going to do something, right?  I can hardly walk at all anymore.  The problem is both knees are so bad one will not support the other knee so I don't have a choice.

To complicate it, my back (from where I broke it in 3 places) muscles spasm and lock up.  That pain is unbelievable, unbelievable.  I'll probably have to go (what I call) get it shot up.  I think it might be too close to the operation though.  I've had so many things done to it and nothing has worked.  No operation will make a difference.

Boo hoo!  We all have problems and issues.  Right?  It's the time (down time) spent afterward that bothers me.  I don't like depending on anyone and I read where (due to the two new knees) I probably can't drive for 1 month (movement).  

I guess Uber will be my new friend.  Except I live in the kind of country so it's going to be a pain in the neck.  

As far as rehab.  Medicare is a real trip.  From what I understand since I live alone, 2 days after the operation I'll go to a rehab place for several days.  No one will even talk about it before the operation.  Isn't that a real trip.

My Dr is very opposed to rehab.  I have a compromised immune system and he worries about infection but we will see......

My daughter (the one that lives in the area) will go with me during the operation and she'll figure out everything.  Then when I want her to the daughter who lives in Denver will come and drive me for a few days.  She can't take much time off from work but technically can work anywhere (she works from home) but has a new puppy so can't stay away too long.

It will all work out.  My girls will see to it and believe me I don't suffer in silence as far as not liking where I am and so forth.  Ha!

I have the money and if I don't like the rehab place I'll just either move into a hotel and have the physical therapist come to me or something.  

I did that when my daughter in Denver had 1/2 her thyroid out.  I rented a suite in a hotel in Denver.  It had lots of TV's, 2 bedrooms (each end), kitchen, living room, etc.  We (lived) there for 1 week and she recovered.  Her apartment at the time in Denver was way too small for me to be comfortable there.  After the operation she spent one night in the hospital and her boyfriend and I took her to the hotel.  The hotel had a wheelchair ready when we drove up and we lived there.  We had room service and everything.  It was nice.  I could do that.

Or I could stay with my daughter for a few days.  Ugh!  I wouldn't get much rest but I'd get treated like a queen.  You know how loud 4 kids are (and I live alone).  They range in age 5, 11, 13, 14 and are amazing, but still.  I'm a pain in the fanny and I know it.

Phew!  I didn't mean to go on but you did ask....Ha!  I was thinking how crazy life is that I know the pain will be bad but you have no idea how much I live with now...between my back and knees.  I think the back is even worse (trigger points in the back and butt) unbelievable!

Everyone says that when they've had one knee done the second always goes easier.  I don't know if that helps you but that's what I hear.  It's not like I 'want to get it offer with', it's that I 'have no choice'.  I'm very nervous about what my back is going to do...so is my spine Dr.  I go to a separate Dr (for many years) about my back.  

It's a pain in the (you know what) getting old.  Just today I went with a friend to some function her hair salon had.  I could hardly move.  Anyway, the hair stylist said to me, "we specialize in blonde coloring and some thing about cutting short hair'.  Ha!  I said, "This is a wig".  She kept saying she couldn't tell.  I hear that all of the time.  If you ever need a wig they are absolutely the very best....

Then my friend said, "She's 70".  The lady said, "I thought you were maybe in your eary 50's".  I know it's a compliment but you probably feel this way too that when you hurt so darn bad you spend time thinking you'd give anything just to not hurt......

It's strange the way we all put so much emphasis on looking young when it's the body we wish felt young (right?).  Ha!

Take care.  You guys are so dear.  Isn't it interesting that you only hear about the caustic people who connect on the internet and you never hear about all of the wonderful people like those here on QVC forum.  So many friends who we'll never meet, but genuinely care about each other.  Kinda says something about people, doesn't it?  

I think most people are inherently good.  Just a few rotten apples spoil it for others....

Valued Contributor

I vote for the Birkenstocks, too.

And the guy representing Birkenstocks, was easy on the eyes too!

Jean

Frequent Contributor

I have a few pair of Birkenstock shoes too, but almost all of mine were purchesd from ebay.  QVC only sold the shoes with the solid footprint with the sizing and I needed the shoes that just had the outline of the footprint. They are normal to wide width while the solid footprint is a narrower shoe.

I have floral, colors, patterns etc. Wide variety there and you can get some really good prices! I even bought direct from Germany with free shipping. Can't beat that!

New Contributor

They are now on HSN. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, they are on HSN now. There's no cute ones like the ones Q had for less money.

Are these made in Germany?

HSN had their sister brand of knockoffs called Birki's/Betula who were not made in Germany.

Frequent Contributor

I have several pairs of Birkenstock sandals also. I have purchased many of them on Ebay. I just type in the name Birkenstock and my size and it brings up all the shoes available in my size. Some have even shipped direct from Germany.  Many different styles to choose from, colors, prints, you name it. Check it out.

New Contributor

I so agree!!!!!!