Valued Contributor

PLEASE QVC.....What did they say? No, I must have heard wrong!

[ Edited ]

I spend a lot of money at QVC (out of necessity, I'm disabled and alone 80% of the time.)  and, especially today, feel very frustrated.

When I used to shop at the big name dept. stores....I was called a "customer" NOT a "fan"!  I had the "sales associates" not "hosts" be helpful, thankful. And not, for the most part, vain. (especially the newbies; some self-obsessed communication majors) they said " thank you". But, NOT "congratulations". What price did I win? Is the prize patrol at my house?

If I have to hear Garry G. ,call all of America "fans" one more time, I swear my head will explode. 

There are some hosts/associates there that are so professional, informative, give measurements, tell you honestly about the product...especially clothing. They are gracious professionals. I can't name names because, we all know what will happen. Then there are those who carry on a forced all too cute conversation with the guest and completely ignore the people on the other side of the camera. Yep, hi...I mean the customers! We pay your salary! 

There have been some true celebrities over the years, some giants. Joan Rivers, Nolan Miller, Bob Mackie and Judith Ripka, Robert Lee Morris and, many others. How I miss the talent of Joan in almost anything she attempted. Not only a celebrity, a vendor...a role model! And David D. Has taken over for her and is SO respectful of customers, "hosts", models. Just like Joan did. 

All the issues, raised s/h, sizing inconsistencies, etc.. They are annoying and need to be corrected. But the attitude and vanity....oh please, ****** it asap, please!

So to the powers that be at "THE Q", please tangle in the ones you already know you need to. And, make them remember their purpose. 

Respected Contributor

Re: PLEASE QVC.....What did they say? No, I must have heard wrong!

There is never going to come a time that every host will suit anyone as we all have significantly different ideas as to what makes a good host or vendor just as we have significantly different tastes in clothing and decorating and everything else.

I suggest you find the hosts you enjoy and watch them.  It would be easier to do that if QVC posted the hosts in their program guide the way HSN does.  Avoid the hosts you dislike but please understand that there are many who do like them.

Valued Contributor

BUCK-I-NANA~I change the channel all the time and would encourage anyone else to do the same. And you are correct, we all have different tastes. That's what makes life interesting. 

But besides one person, I spoke in generalities. I didn't bash anyone. Rather I basically asked that as customer that I not be bashed or talked down to.

Its all good. no worries...just my observations and opinion. We are all entitled. 

Have a great night.

Contributor

Well said, Gemspirit, well said.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm really not sure what you're complaining about.  Is it such a big deal that Gary Goben calls Denim & Co. lovers "fans"?  I admittedly am a D&C fan and don't mind being called one.

I think your complaints, such as they are, are petty and you are watching too much TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm really not sure what you're complaining about.  Is it such a big deal that Gary Goben calls Denim & Co. lovers "fans"?  I admittedly am a D&C fan and don't mind being called one.

I think your complaints, such as they are, are petty and you are watching too much TV.

Well, that's a very nice way to reply to an opinion from a fellow customer. If my opinion is so petty, why then are you taking the time to respond to it? If you truly read what I wrote you would've learned that I said "I" was fed up. What, when or how much I watch is my business. 

I also said we are all entitled to our opinions. Even you Kachina, who judge me with what "you" think. Such a shame that you have to be unkind to do so.. 

Super Contributor

Gemspirit,

You will soon learn who trolls throughout the day ... and unfortunately, one found you. 

Have a good day, my dear, and keep posting your enlightening posts!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I understand exactly what she is complaining about.  It's "entertainment" on a poor scale now and not about the products they are selling.  They aren't promoting the products, they are appealing to us through entertainment.  And yes, there are way too many hosts who think they are celebrities and entertainers and on the red carpet.

The "I have for you" should be "you can get this in. . . "  "Feel free to" should be "buy as many as you want" etc.  Have you ever noticed how little the word "buy" is used?  And yes, it is insulting to potential CUSTOMERS the way they manipulate the emotions rather than talk about the product.  And "congratulate" rather than "THANK" us!  No, I hardly ever watch. I only buy a few clothing item from lines I like and almost always on line because I can't sit through hours of bologna to find what material something is made from.  Don't have time for that!

Occasional Contributor

I have a "suggestion" for QVC:  STOP BUYING SALMON THAT COMES FROM THE FAROE ISLANDS!

This "country" still follows a tradition that is barbaric and unimaginable.   Each year residents get into their small boats and proceed the herd a pod of Pilot Whales into a cove/bay...

These beautiful animals are literally hacked to deal with machetes...people keep hacking if they see a whale is pregnant, they want to get those babies.  It is hard to explain what goes on;  they line up the butchered whales on the shore, the inlet turns red with the blood. 

Why does QVC, who seems to think they are an "ethical" company, get salmon from such a place?  Ohhhhhhhhh...it's not like it used to be on QVC...nope, now they seem to be interested in money.  Sad.

Search "Faroe Islands" for pix...warning:  they are stomach churning.   Very disappointing QVC  profits from something originating in the Faroe Islands.

jmo