Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE LISTEN TO SUGGESTION PLEASE!!!

Also if they are selling say a top. don't cover it with a long jacket and multiple long necklaces.

Viewers want to see how it is by itself. Later on they can accessorize it.

Honored Contributor

I agree OP.  Need the details.  Also, ignore the crabby poster.  There are many nice posters here.

Respected Contributor

I think you are all missing my point.  QVC has gotten to where it is because of their marketing.  A little handful of people writing in large yellow letters and calling customer service really doesn't matter to them.  Do you think you have hit upon the correct way of selling?  Obviously, you say the items sell out before you can get all the details you need.  I guess those thousands of people purchase without the minutiae that you all require.

QVC knows exactly what they are doing.  And they are doing it very well. 

Just because you don't care for their method, doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of people calling saying please let the hosts talk more about their families.  Please let the hosts not waste so much time on showing us the inside of a purse. 

You are not always right and you are not the only ones in the world.  I look forward to hearing about their children and spouses.  I love hearing about their vacations.  I definitely want to know if they are just bought a new house.  It makes them feel like family to me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hellodali wrote:

I think you are all missing my point.  QVC has gotten to where it is because of their marketing.  A little handful of people writing in large yellow letters and calling customer service really doesn't matter to them.  Do you think you have hit upon the correct way of selling?  Obviously, you say the items sell out before you can get all the details you need.  I guess those thousands of people purchase without the minutiae that you all require.

Just because you don't care for their method, doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of people calling saying please let the hosts talk more about their families.  Please let the hosts not waste so much time on showing us the inside of a purse. 

You are not always right and you are not the only ones in the world.  I look forward to hearing about their children and spouses.  I love hearing about their vacations.  I definitely want to know if they are just bought a new house.  It makes them feel like family to me.

And you know what? IMHO that is what QVC hopes will happen--you fall under the "they are my extended family, they have my best interests at heart, why of course i will buy that handbag without knowing what it looks like inside sales strategy". Yep, the uninformed impulse buyer has been crucial to their sales strategy as a television shopping channel.  But in todays electronic, not just tv world, that strategy does not bring in as many customers.  We can comparison shop on our devices while time is wasted by as you put it talk of family vacations.  The old uninformed buyer segment is dwindling.  Consequently, I think it is useful for this big corporation to hear that it may be time to adjust their pitch whether the comment comes in orange all caps or concise prose.  

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

QVC is a mature company that, like many other retailers, is not having a great year. The only advantage they have over other internet retailers is that they can showcase an item like a handbag inside and out. But they don't do it very well. Nowadays nobody is going to impulse buy a $200-300 dollar handbag without researching it and that includes being able to see inside the bag. Otherwise why have a handbag vendor in the first place if they can't show the inside of the bag very well?

I haven't bought a handbag in more than a year. I sure wouldn't buy one that I couldn't see the inside of first.

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

This is the Suggestion Forum.  QVC wants suggestions.  They're for QVC, not you or me for that matter.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's inappropriate

QVC Customer Care

QVC welcomes ALL suggestions which is why we set up this particular forum. Be assured that all suggestions are reviewed.....please be respectful of others opinions as they are entitled to make these known without ridicule.

Beth QVC

Trusted Contributor

I agree!  Fewer personal stories from the host, and more needed information!  The hosts are just on air store clerks, and need to remember that.  I don't care about, nor am I interested in their personal life!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hellodali wrote:

The hosts are salespeople, nothing more. Contrary to what you may think, they are not your friends or family. Their only goal is to get you to spend money. When I walk into a Target or Walmart I don't want or need to hear about the sales clerks' children or vacation or if they purchased a new home, the same as I won't be telling them that personal information about me. I just want them to complete my transaction.