Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE - Either stop marathon presentations of a single product, or go all infomercials

@febe1 wrote:

When did the Q change from it's all about the products to it's all about the hosts?

And then, the Q and the mods wonder why so many negatives about the hosts: you put them there to take over your merchandise and wonder why business is going down-hill.

BRING BACK THE MERCHANDISE!

People knock the lack of elaborate sets on the other shopping channels. Just a simple podium and/or empty stage. Which is all you really need to FULLY DESCRIBE a product and allow people to see all the colors and sizes.

QVC seems to be all about the elaborate "mood sets" and the "entertaining" hosts (since QVC describes itself as in part an entertainment channel, contrary to the blusterings of one) and very little about the products.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE - Either stop marathon presentations of a single product, or go all infomercials

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

When did the Q change from it's all about the products to it's all about the hosts?

And then, the Q and the mods wonder why so many negatives about the hosts: you put them there to take over your merchandise and wonder why business is going down-hill.

People knock the lack of elaborate sets on the other shopping channels. Just a simple podium and/or empty stage. Which is all you really need to FULLY DESCRIBE a product and allow people to see all the colors and sizes.

QVC seems to be all about the elaborate "mood sets" and the "entertaining" hosts (since QVC describes itself as in part an entertainment channel, contrary to the blusterings of one) and very little about the products.

I've said this before: Instead of spending money on elaborate sets, that savings could be passed on to the customers, in lower prices and shipping costs.

And who needs vendors? Any competent host can describe the products just as well as a vendor, IMO. The vendors just add to the hard-sell, which turns me off (and many others as well).

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I just can not watch QVC much anymore. I listen if I am interested in certain items. Spend way to long on items.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

What is bizarre, @Moonchilde, is to open Q Plus and Beauty IQ networks and continue doing the same thing. I'm sure glad I'm not a stockholder. 

New Contributor

Please stop those long boring presentations of WEN.  Once he's on, I check back periodically and he is still droning on and on.  He is the most boring, monotonous presenter I have ever watched.  In addition, I do not like the product.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Unfortunately, l think QVC cares more about pleasing their shareholders than their customers. The problem is, if they alienate enough of us customers, it will affect their bottom line, and then the QVC stock prices will fall...

Oops. Too late. I think that already happened...

A shopping channel, yes, and that's why most shoppers would expect to see a variety of items, not the same ten stale items presented for a half hour at a time in a never ending loop...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I've said this before: Instead of spending money on elaborate sets, that savings could be passed on to the customers, in lower prices and shipping costs.

And who needs vendors? Any competent host can describe the products just as well as a vendor, IMO. The vendors just add to the hard-sell, which turns me off (and many others as well).

Rare is the vendor who actually adds to the equation... Very rare...

Honored Contributor

And yet they had to send out a survey to ask why viewership is down and why sales have been flagging... It's not rocket science...

New Contributor

I agree!  I don't watch qvc that much anymore either.  I have another competing station that I watch more regularily because they are faster in presentng an item and they do it  in style.  Yes, they do repeat the TSV in the segments for that product - but I don't have to find something else to do while I'm wating for the next item to come up.  I say 10 minutes tops is all you need to present an item.  It's enough for me to get the information I need and if I miss something, I can always go to the computer site and watch the video on the item.  I can also see there what other products that the designer has on sale that I might have missed - I find a lot of sales that way.  Thanks for your head's up!

Contributor

I have complained about this before. It seems to be getting worse. The Halo TSV has been almost non-stop for hours and it's only one hour into the day. They started the day before - ugh!  

Just an unreal way to kick off Black Friday. You would think they would want to give viewers a variety.