Frequent Contributor

PLEASE - Either stop marathon presentations of a single product, or go all infomercials

I know I am not the first to complain about this, and I'm sure I won't be the last. But QVC, 20 minutes is the absolute longest you should subject your viewers to the presentation of one single item.

I never watch QVC for hours at a time, I usually just check in a few times a day to see what's new. But today when I've tuned in at different times, I've only seen one item on the screen; the IT Cosmetics TSV, shown in segments that go on and on and on nonstop... Don't you realize what a disincentive this is to keeping people tuned in?

You have so many items in your inventory, so why do we customers get to see only the same relative handful of them, over and over? I'm a 20-year-plus Q customer, and until recently, I could always count on you presenting a variety of products. Not anymore. If your website didn't list and describe all your offerings, I'd never even know about most of the items I've purchased this year because I never saw them on TV!

Any day now, I expect the Q to convert to showing one hour-long single product informercial after another. Please don't do this! So many of us customers want more variety on your channel. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: PLEASE - Either stop marathon presentations of a single product, or go all infomercials

About five minutes is my limit for any one product.  I know it takes a bit longer to show all the models with cosmetic products like today's TSV, but for me five minutes on anything is long enough to watch one thing. Then I change the channel.

Regular Contributor

Re: PLEASE - Either stop marathon presentations of a single product, or go all infomercials

I completely agree - way too much/overload!!! 

Honored Contributor

Tomorrow is Dyson..... hours upon hours of the same boring shows.  Ugggh!

Honored Contributor

You do know that Qvc is a shopping channel and not an entertainment channel...don't you????   Stop watching if they aren't showing anything that interests you. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Tomorrow is Dyson..... hours upon hours of the same boring shows.  Ugggh!

I wouldn't know.  I don't need or want a vacuum cleaner so I won't watch all day.

Regular Contributor

Did stop watching - not good marketing if you ask me....

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree  The OP was just making a comment that resonates with many of us.  And while you also have a right to express yourself, I have noticed that very often your comment to the posters is negative.  It's okay for someone not to llike something without you putting them dowm.. We can all enjoy these boards and support one another.

Honored Contributor

Thank you !

Regular Contributor

Thank You!