Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE Do Something About Product Reviews!

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

So if I want to buy my clothes online instead of locally, where do I go to read helpful reviews?

@millieshops 

I dont know where you shop...but I know the places I buy clothes online post customer reviews---- Check out the websites for Dillards, Macys, JCP, Walmart, Target, Kohls, Nordstrom, LLBean, Talbots, Lord & Taylors, H&M, Anthropologie, Chicos, Catos, Dress Barn.....Why even Amazon posts product reviews on fashion.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Overall, I give very little credence to any reviews unless they're written by someone who's nickname I recognise from these forums.

I have run across some forum posters' reviews that aren't helpful,

ie. nothing about fit of a garment, ease of use, or item as described..... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

I bought the Sun Joe offered last year for a housewarming gift...here's the true review:

They used it about 6 times, hose coupler cracked.   recipient tried to get parts not available and it to this day is sitting in the garage ready for spring clean-up day junk pick up☹️☹️☹️

And QVC was no help with defective $100 piece of junk...

Honored Contributor

I have read a lot of reviews like those described. I shake my head at some but they've never bothered me. I might not order something if there are a lot of reviews complaining about shipping (depending on when I need it). Otherwise, I just ignore the ones that aren't relevant to the product. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

I have read a lot of reviews like those described. I shake my head at some but they've never bothered me. I might not order something if there are a lot of reviews complaining about shipping (depending on when I need it). Otherwise, I just ignore the ones that aren't relevant to the product. 

But the problem is we have to start reading to determine whether the review is about the product or just another inappropiate review about shipping...its a waste of our time and never should have been posted in the first place.... JMHO

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   I've seen these non-reviews quite a lot. 

But if you want a real eye opener, take a look at the reviews for yesterday's LOGO dress A397280.

People are actually arguing with each other as a review!!  I admit I have never seen that before.  Smiley Surprised    They readily admit they don't have the dress yet (how could they?), but some of them are going back and forth, and submitting their 1-star and 5-stars anyway.

Mods/QVC accepting those ridiculous submissions as reviews degrades any integrity your review system may have had left. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

But if you want a real eye opener, take a look at the reviews for yesterday's LOGO dress A397280.

People are actually arguing with each other as a review!!  I admit I have never seen that before.  Smiley Surprised    They readily admit they don't have the dress yet (how could they?), but some of them are going back and forth, and submitting their 1-star and 5-stars anyway.

Mods/QVC accepting those ridiculous submissions as reviews degrades any integrity your review system may have had left. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

👍👍👍  QVC should've stopped the problems by  removing reviews where the item was not received by the purchaser, and for allowing reviews that did not follow the guidelines.... so now look what's happening...arguing on reviews....SMH! 

Frequent Contributor

on reviews, i think its most helpful when the reviewer posts what size she ordered and what height and weight she is. This helps me to order in my correct size, since I do not order frequently from QVC.

Respected Contributor

Came here specifically to look for a thread like this..because...just now...am looking for a particular kind of Vionic sneaker I'd seen at Nordstrom's and wondering if QVC carries any similar Vionics.

Well, item A451519 looks similar, I'm interested, I see "2 stars only"...hm? What's wrong with them?  Well, it only has one review, 2 stars....but the complaint...doesn't come in wide widths. Ok, valid, I realize customer wanted them and is disappointed Vionic, who usually offer wide widths, didn't in this one. BUT that is not a review of the product! Like you bought it, tried it and hated it for whatever reason-- quality, bad fit, ugly, cheap materials.  Not a 2-star review, on a product you have not even purchased, and are just upset they didn't have wide widths!

I see stuff like this all the time that bring down ratings. Such as the well-known, often done "MY SHIPMENT CAME SO LATE!!", that brought SO many ratings down this past year.

So...I hear ya @Spurt and feel your pain. QVC REALLY SHOULD...IF they want their reviews to mean anything...really review the system, make the parameters, basically, fix it. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Wow. Shaking my darn head too!! Sheesh.