Trusted Contributor

Overpackaging - how about being more environmentally conscious!

When you place an order of several colors of the same item, how about putting them in the same package? For instance, I ordered 4 different colors of the recent Breezies TSV on the same order - they came in 4 separate packages. This happens often, not always, but often. If you buy several pairs of pants, or several different T-shirt’s, same thing. The Q could take a lesson from their now sister network, HSN. The majority of the time, everything in one order is in the same package. Would rather wait a day or two and do my share for the environment, than have 12 separate packages show up at the door!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Overpackaging - how about being more environmentally conscious!

Agreed!

I got my two TSV breezies colors shipped in two packages. They are so lightweight that two bags were unnecessary.

I got a single lipstck from NM packed in a 10x12 box. Padded envelope would have worked fine.

Honored Contributor

Everyone has a soap box. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Based on recent threads,  QVC already has started combining multiple orders into a single shipping box.   This reminds me of Amazon's method of one box for several items, even if the items are unrelated.    In the past there were frequent requests on the Community for QVC to do this and it seems as though QVC heard those requests...  yet the recent posts I saw were complaints, by posters who now are unhappy with a single box containing several items.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

No matter how QVC packages merchandise, there will be a contingent rushing to complain about it.  Like death and taxes, this is a certainty. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  it's not only about waste but for me, smaller packages fit into my mailbox!

Most everything is SmartPost shipping. If the carrier leaves it outside my front door it's usually safe in my area but that same package is safer and out of the elements in my mailbox.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Based on recent threads,  QVC already has started combining multiple orders into a single shipping box.   This reminds me of Amazon's method of one box for several items, even if the items are unrelated.    In the past there were frequent requests on the Community for QVC to do this and it seems as though QVC heard those requests...  yet the recent posts I saw were complaints, by posters who now are unhappy with a single box containing several items.

The complaints I read concerned being charged S&H for each item rather than a reduced S&H like Amazon does when the items are packaged together.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

The complaints I read concerned being charged S&H for each item rather than a reduced S&H like Amazon does when the items are packaged together.

@occasionalrain 

Majority I've read are complaints about big boxes with a lot of items and not about the S&H not being reduced.

I've seen complaints that the boxes are too big.

And combined orders into one box causing longer delays in processing & shipping.

And no separate boxes for returns etc. 

I've seen posts all over the boards ....... one that was easy to find.....

"One huge box! "

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/One-huge-box/td-p/5518778

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Kachina624  it's not only about waste but for me, smaller packages fit into my mailbox!

Most everything is SmartPost shipping. If the carrier leaves it outside my front door it's usually safe in my area but that same package is safer and out of the elements in my mailbox.

@occasionalrain 

Example here on this thread.

@Snowpuppy I get your point. I saw other posters say the same thing.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

No matter how QVC packages merchandise, there will be a contingent rushing to complain about it.  Like death and taxes, this is a certainty. 

Truth @Kachina624.