Honored Contributor

To TPTB at QVC: Please consider paring down the overly long presentation of TSVs. Really, 30 minutes on a single item is a bit much, don't you think? I can understand that a TSV deserves some special treatment, but 30 minutes?? I was so looking forward to watching Jill's show last evening. After 15 minutes I gave up. When I checked back 10-15 minutes later, the dinnerware presentation was still going strong. Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Re: Overly long presentations

QVC has so few things to sell, they have to spend tedious, boring, long presentations to fill up air time.
Honored Contributor

I agree.

Honored Contributor

They must be depending on channel-surfers, because after ten minutes on one item, l'm done.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

It's part of the new infomercial mentality that's become part of QVC's culture.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's all of the above and when you consider that most items are hardly new, have been seen before and will be seen again, and frequently, it's why I'm essentially no longer watching even a fraction of the time I did formerly.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 stevieb said:

It's all of the above and when you consider that most items are hardly new, have been seen before and will be seen again, and frequently, it's why I'm essentially no longer watching even a fraction of the time I did formerly.

AMEN!

Esteemed Contributor

if you think the 30 minute presentation of the Lenox TSV....wait till you see the amount of time that will be given to the Vitamix ...More then a Blender that will be the TSV on Sunday...those are usually an hour each....then there will be 30 minute presentations throughout the other shows all day....

Forgot to mention....I won't be watching Sunday....haven't had it on all day today...and tomorrow is WEN....I won't be there, either...

Respected Contributor

There a few times when a Today's Special Value lasted a whole hour....which I wouldn't mind too much if they showed different things. But usually, the TSV products that get a whole hour are vacuum cleaners, electronics (computers, iPads, Bose, etc.) or the most popular vendors on QVC (I won't mention which vendors because it doesn't take much for the fans to flip out and think you're being "mean and verbally bashing them").

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

To me it is like watching the news that comes on at 6 6:30 and 7, they have to keep repeating themselves to inform all the viewers as they tune in. I really don't mind the length of time they take to describe a product.

Don't worry, be Happy!