Valued Contributor

Overly large amount of food and cooking items

[ Edited ]

You sell items like cookware sets and food items for people that are either throwing a party or have 6 kids. The cookware sets you show have an 8 quart stock pot, and a fry pan that you say will hold a dozen eggs. It would take a year for me to eat 8 quarts of chili or soup, and more than a week to eat a dozen eggs.And then I want them cooked fresh everyday.  I use 6" and 8" fry pans everyday. I have a 12" pan and it's down in the basement because it never gets used and it takes up too much needed space in the cabinet. I also have 2 6 quart stock pots in the basement. I think in 30 years I've used them twice. You won't be selling me any cookware sets. I know, David says you can't add to the size of a pan, so use a large pan. You can always cook smaller amounts in a huge pan. Yes, but how thin do you want your pancake? And why waste the time and energy heating up more pan than you need? And the food items you sell, how long do you think it would take me to eat 4 pounds of mac & cheese? Do you really think I want it that often? And although I like ribs, I have no use for 5 or 6 pounds of them. I know they can be frozen, but even the best packaging will eventually allow freezer burn. At one time you offered a set of a 6" and an 8" fry pans, I ordered a set. Now, they are just too big to bother with. Bigger is NOT better. It's a waste. You completely overlook those of us that either are a family of 2 or live alone. The same goes for the 8 pound hams, the 6 one poung pork tenderloins, etc. You won't see me placing an order for that much stuff. It would just go to waste.

Respected Contributor

Re: Overly large amount of food and cooking items

QVC can't possibly provide everything for everyone.  I cook for 2 and I like 2 or 3 qt. saucepans.  I don't want an entire cookware set. I find nice open stock pieces at Marshall's, HomeGoods, Tuesday Morning, Macy's and so on.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetuniawrote:

QVC can't possibly provide everything for everyone.  I cook for 2 and I like 2 or 3 qt. saucepans.  I don't want an entire cookware set. I find nice open stock pieces at Marshall's, HomeGoods, Tuesday Morning, Macy's and so on.

They used to stock individual pieces of the " Technique " hard anodized " pans. I bought many pieces that I actually used. QVC is a big company, there is no reason that they can't do this now.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@shopperqvc.  Are you suggesting QVC sell something like 1 lb. of ham or ribs because you're single?  That hardly sounds like it would be finanically feasible for QVC does it?  I live alone and if I'm going to the trouble of cooking, I want enough for several meals.  I wouldn't be interested in a small quantity or very small pots or pans.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 Well, I sure won't be buying 8 pounds of ham. No not 1 pound, but not enough to last me a year either. When they sold those rolls of sausages, they sold what was it 6 or 8 of them, that's too many. I have ordered some of the foods, but when they fill up my freezer like that, I'm not buying. Freezer burn sets in even with the best packaging. It's a waste for someone that only has 1 or 2 people to feed. I ordered the 6 pounds of chocolate the one Christmas. I still had some left the next Christmas. It's just too much. They sell the smaller jars of the Germack, why not smaller cans of chocolate? I don't mean that everything should be to sell just to those of us with small family status, but don't forget us. I don't have a use for 8 pounds of ham, or for a 14" fry pan. They sell pants for those who are petite as well as tall, why not food stuff for those of us with smaller families? Just saying we are here too.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a big family at home anymore either. I hate cooking every day and just don't have the time.  

I cook once a week. I make the entree or meat item on Sunday and then do different and easy/quick things with it until it's gone.  Whatever is left on Thursday goes in the freezer in single serve containers.  That gives me healthy frozen dinners anytime.  Right now, I have stew, chicken, and another homemade soup in the freezer.   It's so much easier than having to cook every day.  

Valued Contributor

I have to agree that sets of large cookware would be too much for me as are the large food offerings.  If it is a snack or something I could eat often then a larger quantity might be of interest.  The one thing that bothers me is buy more and save.  Completely understand why this happens but too much of one item of food is a waste and buying less with no deal causes me to not buy.  Hopefully QVC will consider individual cookware pieces and offering more combo food items.  Seafood vendors could offer shrimp, crab cakes, scallops.  Meat vendors burgers, steak, chops.

Contributor

I agree. I’ll never buy the overpriced food you offer. How about cutting this presentation time in half, along with Martha, Catherine Jones, Rachel Ray, and any other new hosts that are overexposed on TV. It’s almost as bad as when you took time for a Kardashian. Please don’t waste time. 

How about more Kirks Folly? Whoever offers cotton clothes? More leather Dooney. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too would like to see smaller amounts. Not tiny amounts but maybe an option for half the quantities offered now. 

ETA: Keep the larger amounts for those that want it,  but offer the smaller option too.

Valued Contributor

I disagree.  I am a widow, a senior and I love buying things for my family that are scattered all over.  Many under 40 with children.  I sent my neice a set of technique cookware, Kitchenaid mixer.  I also like sending food at every holiday to my military family.  My way of keeping in touch.  You have months to use the frozen foods and there are many individual things offered for people who don't want whole sets of cookware.  I see croissants are being offered in 20 count.  There is even a 2 quart pressure cooker.