Honored Contributor

Re: Overbearing suggestions on how and what to gift.

I agree that you should probably stop watching.

It is THEIR JOB to sell stuff.  They go on live tv and have to do nothing but sell stuff.

I'm not saying I love it.  I find it  a little silly.  So I don't watch.  When every show starts being about this kind of gift or that kind of gift, I'm outta there.   Save your sanity and do the same.  Smiley Happy   

If they find it doesn't work anymore (i.e. enough people don't watch/buy that it decreases their bottom line) they will find another way.  But as long as people watch and buy it's working, so good for them.  Mission accomplished.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

I suggest u don't watch the endless Christmas Shows. I rarely turn on the Q - as the programming has become so repetitious, boring, expensive --- and the hosts talk so fast, that I don't find it relaxing.

Amen Sister! What used to be a familiar, pleasant way to shop has become unwatchable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't forget the hostess gifts...

This gift litany and 'how to'  gift is and has been their approach every year. Just another of the ever-expanding list of reasons I so rarely turn on QVC anymore and just as rarely see it as a viable shopping resource.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

blankette wrote:

Listen, stop telling people what to buy, how to divide it ,and who to give it to. Don't you think people can figure this out on their own, oh man, it is so cheapy and tacky when you starting dividing up these plastic bottles and telling people what to do to look like they spent more than they did. Just stop it already.

This telling people how to use a product is not exclusive to Christmas gifts, it's something that goes on ad nauseum.  Witness the stupidity of them telling us how or where to wear a particular article of clothing, i.e., buying a specific D&C shirt which would be just perfect for pumpkin or apple picking or purchasing a poncho that can be worn to church, to a parent-teacher conference or even just out to a casual lunch with a friend.   What if they don't tell us where and how to use that item, is it ok for us to use our own judgement or will the police come and take us away to QVC jail...lol.

These things, and others (like the constant jabbering some hosts are famous for) are exactly why I no longer watch QVC.  If there's a particular line that I buy then I'll check  out the products using currently on air or recently on air, other than that, I no longer watch live programming.

My suggestion would be for you to turn off QVC.  Ah, blessed silence

Maria

Respected Contributor

Blankett, you'd better find something else to watch until December 23 (or so).  It is just going to get worse.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

The hosts always chattering to buy this for all the people you may say hello to in a year. Then it is buy more than one maybe someone will drop in. Buy 4 cheap flashlights . Oh My! that takes care of 4 more people. All the expensive food they sell serve them to the guests. Let's hope they eat it all because it is way to expensive to throw it out. By the time you are all done listening to all this for over 3 months straight. Time for me to buy the super supply of wine get my beach chair sit out front and admire my BLISS lights. Ah! life is good between the wine and the lights who cares anymore who is trying to sell me the next mattress ,vacuum, coffee machine and most important a computer so I can order more stuff . 

Occasional Contributor

Vickiv.. you have made my day. i laughed so hard  at your post awesome!

Respected Contributor

Yesterday, while watching, one host was pushing the "buy this as a gift" nonsense. Lol, she was rattling off all the ususual suspects for gifts. Then it was kind of obvious that she was trying too hard to think of one or two more. After a pause she came up with the crossing guard. Next time she'll probably include the butcher, the baker, the candle stick maker and the meter maid.
Honored Contributor

The responses in this thread has me 837514213.gif173836.giftill my ribs cracked.

@blankette

148322.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
I find it useful when they remind me of all the people I should be gifting....teacher, teachers assistant, mailman, hairdresser, hairdresser's assistant, receptionist at my primary care physician, dentist, dental assistant, my gynocologist, nursery volunteers at church, yard man, housekeeper, my neighbors, my mechanic and my family and all extended family plus their extended family.....

So funny! Love thisSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"