Valued Contributor

Over the top super hyped excited sales hosts

I am sorry but someone in charge at QVC should be required to sit and listen to some of the hosts present items.  The fake happy hyped loud yap yap nonsense is taking away from product description and selling points.  They need to tone it down.  I would rather have an additional item per hour presented than listen to show hosts talk about their children and hear loud chatter.  I know, change the channel.  Believe me I do but sometimes I would like to once again enjoy a QVC program.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Over the top super hyped excited sales hosts

So many shows have become unwatchable.

Honored Contributor

It's not the shows that are the problem; it's the hosts that are umwatchable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I am sorry but someone in charge at QVC should be required to sit and listen to some of the hosts present items.  The fake happy hyped loud yap yap nonsense is taking away from product description and selling points.  They need to tone it down.  I would rather have an additional item per hour presented than listen to show hosts talk about their children and hear loud chatter.  I know, change the channel.  Believe me I do but sometimes I would like to once again enjoy a QVC program.

I sometimes wonder if they aren’t encouraged to do this by the powers that be.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

As long as people continue to buy when these hosts are on air, nothing will change. Wait till they go off their shift and then buy via phone or online so they don't get the credit. Money changes everything.

Respected Contributor

You can blame the hosts but I guarantee,  they are following the guidelines of their managers.  So you pay for goods so the host doesn’t get credit as punishment?

People perform based on how they are measured.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

As long as people continue to buy when these hosts are on air, nothing will change. Wait till they go off their shift and then buy via phone or online so they don't get the credit. Money changes everything.

You don't know if that is true.  And even if it were, hundrends and hundrends of people would have to think the same and order after to make a difference.  It's just silly.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Gabidog wrote:

I sometimes wonder if they aren’t encouraged to do this by the powers that be.

@QVCkitty1.  Of course they are;   I could almost cite the date when they were given that edict.  They didn't act like that in earlier times.  I think that's why Dan Wheeler "retired".  Poor guy wasn't a good enough actor to fein the phony excitement.  He tried but it wasn't believable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

If you read my post sweet I do change the channel, I do most of my shopping on the website...i keep tuning in from time to time as I have for twenty years but some of these hosts are more interested in animation and talking about their family and friends than presenting the selling points of a product they want us to buy.  I want less of that and more items per hour.  Enthusiasm is fine but a few need to tone it down because they seem to think the show is about them when it is supposed to be about products.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure the change in hosts now being allowed to show real personality is deliberate.  According to the "Share How You #Love QVC" most sharing pictures are younger women and that is who they are playing to now.  The younger generation is all about being on social media with all the selfies and posts about every little thing they do so they are more likely to like  more hyped up host presentations.  They are the future of companies as the older generations usually are paring down and don't buy as much stuff and are dying off.  Persnally, I find the newer hosts more refreshing and not as stiffled and Stepford like with their look and presentations.