Occasional Contributor

Order Status Search Field -- keyword often doesn't work

[ Edited ]

Entering a keyword only works if the keyword is the first word of the item.  For example, "Isaac Lace" results in a spinning icon that never stops.  "Isaac" brings up all the Isaac items.  

When you click on an item for more information, and then you hit the return arrow, you go back to all your orders.  You then have to enter the search criteria again and lose your place in the items you are reviewing.  

Often, the search feature doesn't work at all.  The spinning icon starts and spins and spins and spins and . . .

Having a more robust search function would be helpful.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Order Status Search Field -- keyword often doesn't work

@Rumplestiltskin2    QVC's search function is woefully inadequate, making it next to impossible to find anything.  They must lose millions of dollars as a result.  It's due to an antiquated computer system which they are unwilling to replace.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Rumplestiltskin2 

This is what I get when I type in "Isaac lace":

Isaac lace Search Results - QVC.com

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Rumplestiltskin2    QVC's search function is woefully inadequate, making it next to impossible to find anything.  They must lose millions of dollars as a result.  It's due to an antiquated computer system which they are unwilling to replace.

@Kachina624 

OR pay an competent company to run the sorry one we are stuck with.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor

I'm talking about the search function in MY orders, not in the general search at the top of the web pages labeled "What can we help you discover?"  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   I figure the system they've got is probably the original and possibly can't be upgraded.  Every time they try to improve something, they manage to mess some other function up.  Then we can't sign in for a week or something like that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I agree! I've shopped here almost 30 years and the search capability has always been pathetic.

And like you said, if they try to 'fix' one thing, it just messes up several other things, we can't win......sigh.

Honored Contributor

@Rumplestiltskin2 wrote:

I'm talking about the search function in MY orders, not in the general search at the top of the web pages labeled "What can we help you discover?"  

@Rumplestiltskin2 

That's also a problem, in days past you could search your order history for an item you ordered previously many years before, now you're lucky if you can get orders for this year and maybe last year.