Frequent Contributor

Order Confirmation with Confidential Info

Just received an order shipping email.  Had credit card information on confirmation email.  Why?  I had not noticed this in the past.  How can I get this removed to never show again on confirmations from QVC?  In this day sad to say not good to be advertised.  Thanks for your attention in this matter.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Order Confirmation with Confidential Info

Hi @Pawslover was it the entire credit card number or the last 4 digits? 

Frequent Contributor

Last 4.  Just never noticed before.

QVC Customer Care

Thank you @Pawslover I will forward this to our management team.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Many companies show the last four digits of your credit card on your receipt.  There are 12 other numbers that are not shown.  It's not giving any confidential information away.  It just makes it easier to know which credit card you used for that purchase.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Pawslover I sent you an email

Respected Contributor

Actually the last 4 numbers are the most important.

Esteemed Contributor

The last 4 numbers are not important. It just shows you what card you used. There are many, many, credit cards, and that would take forever for someone to come up with the other numbers.

The first 4 numbers are more important because it tells you which card they belong to whether Visa, Master Card etc, and it makes it easier for someone to figure out the rest of the numbers

Esteemed Contributor

@sann, actually the last 4 digits are not the most important. Credit card account numbers are similar to checking acount numbers. Checking account numbers include Federal Reserve District numbers, the Bank's individual "place" within the District and then the bank's own account number sequence. Credit card numbers have some similar info and the last 4 digits can be used for the customer's info in identifying the card that was used for a purchase. Card issuers are extremely savvy when it comes to protecting credit card information, and the last few digits are not vital to your protection. If your credit card is somehow compromised, you have protection from the company that issued it provided you notify them as soon as you see something that wasn't charged by you.