Super Contributor

QVC team - Please stop  instructing the hosts  to constantly repeat "only order of the season"  on everything they are presenting .

Seemingly this is a new sales tactic and it has become way too repetitive 

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Only order of the season

It's information needed if you like something but plan on waiting.  If you know they won't be reordering it would be a deciding factor.

Super Contributor

It is now so very repetitive that I believe it is now being used to pursuade someone to buy it now 

Honored Contributor

I understand you Gsmom.   Only order of the season and when their gone their gone.   I use to be really bad at impulse shopping and have it contained now.   They want to sell so they say these things to get you off of the fence and on the phone ordering.   I still feel panic inside when I'm on the fence and not sure and they say these things.   But I tell myself, if you're not sure, then wait.   If they sell out, somthing newer or better will come along.   I got tired of buyers remorse, returns and my credit card statement.   They are in the business of sales and we love to buy, just remember, if you're not sure, then wait.   The repeat of sale slogans will probably always get old even if they change them up.

Honored Contributor

I don't just keep QVC on all day for entertainment and just check every now and then.  For me this information is appreciated.  I may want the item but will wait a lot of times but if I know this may be limited I can order and not chance missing out.  If it's not repeated often those that do not watch constantly could miss that information.  I would think there are more channel surfers that buy than those that just watch constantly anyway.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's important for the host to make this alert -- if it's true.  What I have a problem with is hearing this call to action, just to have a product that would never return make a remarkable return in a near future presentation. 

One example is the Vegtrug Herb Garden Planter with Shelf.  It sold out the 1st time it was presented.  It came back a few weeks later, and all the host kept saying was "This is it!  It sold out the 1st time, and this is the last order of the season!  Absolutely no more available after this!"  It sold out again. Four to six weeks later, there it was back for another presentation after an apparent miraculous shipment arrived in the warehouse.

QVC diminishes their credibility with this boy who cried wolf sales tactic. So with everything else, take it with a grain of salt.

Full disclosure:  I purchased the planter during that panic attack sales presentation, because I liked it and really needed it.  It's a great product.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I saw a vegtrug presentation with Pat.  I thought she said it sold out last year in its presentation and is back this year with a new color.  I actually was considering it.  LOL.  It's cheaper on the Q, even with shipping.  Either way, it didn't matter to me.  I appreciated the info that that was it.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper I saw a vegtrug presentation with Pat.  I thought she said it sold out last year in its presentation and is back this year with a new color.  I actually was considering it.  LOL.  It's cheaper on the Q, even with shipping.  Either way, it didn't matter to me.  I appreciated the info that that was it.

@GCR18  The presentation I saw was with Carolyn on January 30.  It really is a great product.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 I agree with your way of thinking.  Good advice.  I try not to impulse buy anymore either.   And so funny how @Caaareful Shopper stated the item miraculously reappears weeks later.  LOL, so true.  They really do play on your emotions.

That's why my husband always says you can't buy anything with your heart, use your head!!!

Honored Contributor

@Gsmomwrote:

It is now so very repetitive that I believe it is now being used to pursuade someone to buy it now 

Of course it is being used to pursuade you to buy it now!

That's what sales tactics are all about!

That's what they are in business for....to sell as MUCH as they can!