Respected Contributor

Online reviews for items not purchased

This is a problem. The latest example is the Denim &Co tsv dress from 3/11/22. Most if not all of the "reviews" are from people who haven't bought the dress. Another example is from a Susan Graver garment where 99% of so called reviews were customers ranting about how much they dislike the vendor. 
Can you please NOT post reviews unless the customer has purchased the item? And NOT post reviews that aren't related to the item whatsoever?
I often look to reviews to help me make a purchase decision. Not going to bother anymore. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Online reviews for items not purchased

@fairydogmother Been a complaint on here for a long, long, long time.  If they haven't done anything by now, they probably never will.

Honored Contributor

Agree.  But I just skip over those reviews that mention problems with shipping, haven't received, didn't realize the fabric content, etc. etc. etc.

Honored Contributor

This frequent complaint always falls on deaf ears.  Apparently QVC has no clue as to how it damages their review system and harms vendors and their products.  It's not fair to them or to us who depend on competent reviews to help make buying decisions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I cannot believe they haven't changed that yet.  HSN won't let you review a product until you've had it for several days, therefore assuming the review will be more relevant.  Makes sense to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!! It tries me nuts when I'm reading a review, and I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase this item. Someone will write in and say either they got the wrong size, or they haven't received it yet. Others will write they hope it comes in other colors, etc. it has absolutely nothing to do with the product. Those should be deleted.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

And SERIOUSLY, there are zillions of reviews on Diamonique rings of this nature. "I didn't know it was this BIG", "It's huge and gaudy", "I'm sending it back it's not my taste", "I haven't ordered it because the stone doesn't look sparkly enough " yada yada yada. HELLO, watch the videos or read the DESCRIPTION a 5 carat stone is "guess what" BIG! I hate it for vendors because it drives the ratings of the products down and has zero to do with the product. Some people see a 3.8 star rating and don't even bother reading the reviews. Major IRK!