Trusted Contributor

One more time, please stop defaulting to the videos!

It's 3 am and I can't sleep, so I decide to search QVC.com to see what they are selling. I click on something and next thing I know, the video is blasting and wakes up my husband sleeping next to me! Incredibly annoying! Please, please, please stop defaulting to the video when we search .com! If I want to see it, I will! But I shouldn't be forced to watch it and have to remember to turn the sound off before I search .com! The video is often helpful to see how the item fits, but it's not how I base my decision, so don't force me to watch it, especially at 3 am! Yes, my third post on this matter!

Honored Contributor

Re: One more time, please stop defaulting to the videos!

[ Edited ]

Right underneath the video presentation...there is a box where you can "uncheck" the "play video option"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@lizzief   All I do is keep my laptop or whatever device I'm using with the volume off.  Even if the video starts you will never get the noise.  Easier for you to click the volume at the bottom than having the Q change that feature.  Then when you do want to listen to a video just go to the volume and turn it up.  And that way you don't ever have to worry about late night browsing.  

Super Contributor

sounds like user error 

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Right underneath the video presentation...there is a box where you can "uncheck" the "play video option"

There is no opt out button under video presentation on my iPad and iPhone. That button only appears on my desktop PC. I agree with OP. It's very annoying to click on a color option only to have that video start playing. 

Honored Contributor

@lizzief    Perhaps it would be easier for you to turn the volume on your device down before you crank up QVC, knowing that you may run into an out of control video. 

Seems a lot simpler than asking them to alter their system.  I'm sure your hubby would appreciate it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Not to be unkind, but I hate that pop up! Grrrrrrrr!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unchecking automatically play videos doesn't work on Safari. That's why I switched my search engine to Duck Duck Go. No more videos playing automatically or annoying pop ups. 

Honored Contributor

@lizzief .............Im not sure but if you would have read the replies to your first post you would know that you are able to stop the video from playing, not QVC.  I hope you come back and read these replies so hubby can get some sleep.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Twighlight Zone
The curious thing about this is that the sound is what it defaults to, but it does not do this every time I go to view an item. Just now, I tried seven items from different categories and non one of them had the sound or video come on. Earlier, I looked at a flutter sleeve blouse and the sound came on immediately when I tried to see the item. Just now, no sound came on with the item.