Occasional Contributor

On line item reviews and Customer Questions

I have noticed during this garden season that many descriptins are missing things their descriptions are wrong...  examples --

H399087  Does not even tell  the color of the blooms???  No full picture of mature growth.

H82510   Presentation says shipped as ittle plants -- description says Bulbs

- description says for more detail refer to growing guide.  Well there is no growing guide tab to click on

Also -- Why do they allow questions if no one ever checks to see if they are answered?

QVC should write into the vendor contracts that on line questions should be answered in a tinely manner -- especially directly after a TV presentation.

Honored Contributor

Re: On line item reviews and Customer Questions

@YOFJAB If you want answers to questions from the vendors, you have to look elsewhere (Facebook ofr their website maybe)  Answers on the Forum if there are answers come from other shoppers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Growing  Guide comes with plants - - not on your computer screen.

Q & A (questions & answers)   questions are asked by customers (like you) and answered by customers (like you)  Vendors do NOT

respond to any of the questions posed by customers.

Trusted Contributor

@YOFJAB 

You are absolutely correct in what you are saying.

This year has been worse than any other year when it comes to their online descriptions, pictures, and direct answers to questions.  The Gardening Guide was always a link online. You were able to to review it before, after, and during a presentation. It was a great reference to have if you missed something during the presentation or if you were unsure about something.  Most online presentations don't tell you the growing zones for the plants.  They miss many important details that customers should know before making a purchase.  I know they are only alloted a small amount of time.  The Gardening Guide was a great way to answer those unanswered questions.

While I am sure that the vendors are not required to answer customer questions, I have noticed that many do.  It would be very nice to make it a requirement, but I do find that customer answers (if they have had experiece with a particular plant/item) are usually helpful too.  As someone else mentioned, you can search for an item online or even put it into YouTube.  You will more than likely find your answers there.  I know that I often search for a plant on YouTube and find awesome videos for what I'm looking for.

Super Contributor

millieshops, Sorry but if I have to look all over the place to find answers to basic questions, I'm not bothering. It's my money I'm spending & they need to make it easier for me to part with it.

Honored Contributor

A great many plants have specific growing requirements and are not suitable for every zone.  If they inclUded the zones, they would exclude many customers.  Their goal is to SELL, SELL, SELL.  They don't really care about the success or failure of the plant.  In fact many they sell take an expert to grow them as they are exotics.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@fthunt @millieshops I have read some Q&As on product pages and sometimes vendors do answer as well as QVC staff.

Occasional Contributor

in general maybe but I have seen many "Vendor Customer service" answer the questions on the QVC page

Honored Contributor

I don't watch garden shows but sometimes I see the disclaimer stating "simulation faux plant"...heck I can buy them at Michaels.