Respected Contributor

Re: Older models for makeup please

@SharkE wrote:

That gal over on HSN really has some older folk to do her make up before and afters. Adriene the one with the long black hair and red lipstick. They look to be in 70's at least.

I think her makeup looks like Elmers paste glue (the one kids use in jar with brush), and the models look so greasy when she's done.

JMO...I think it's ewwww!

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2

I'm having the same problem with her medium B&B looking orange on me too, (same coloring as you), but it didn't used to and I just got a new compact (gift card).

I don't know if the shade changed or just my skin changed, but it also seems more drying.

Oh well, back to my current stash of Tarte foundation, then I'll be looking for a new brand, since Tarte is no longer cruelty free.....sigh.

Smiley sad 021.gif

Bare minerals is good

I have been using BM for years and sadly, the last couple of years it doesnt look as good as before...also too drying.  I know it's because my skin has changed drastically due to health issue and meds:/

Get the liquid in the bottle, shake it up real good and put on a brush. I'm no Spring chicken not wrinkled to bad looks good on me. LOL  That brush is really softy like. Feels like 'mink' know it's not,but, silky bristles.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Laura's balance and brighten doesn't do well on mature, dry, lined

skin... it's very drying, and I find her 'medium' shade too orange.  I'm medium complected with cool undertones, have dry skin, no wrinkles...and the B&B looks muddy, makes my skin flake and is orange on me.  I do use a good primer, Lancome la base, but even with the primer, it just doesn't work:/

@AKgirl2

Too many of the "medium" foundations across the board here are much too yellow.   I don't know why they can't make the vendors offer a neutral foundation that would look good on both warm and cool tones.  It's not rocket science, for goodness sakes!   

The only foundation with sufficient "cool" options on QVC is Bare Minerals.  That's it.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2

I'm having the same problem with her medium B&B looking orange on me too, (same coloring as you), but it didn't used to and I just got a new compact (gift card).

I don't know if the shade changed or just my skin changed, but it also seems more drying.

Oh well, back to my current stash of Tarte foundation, then I'll be looking for a new brand, since Tarte is no longer cruelty free.....sigh.

Smiley sad 021.gif

Bare minerals is good

I have been using BM for years and sadly, the last couple of years it doesnt look as good as before...also too drying.  I know it's because my skin has changed drastically due to health issue and meds:/

@AKgirl2

What are you applying under the Bare Minerals?  A serum and/or primer?   A moisturizer?    

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I agree about offering more neutral foundations. None of the foundations that are supposed to react with your skin and go on the correct shade work either. Josie's looked so bad on me that even the Sephora makeup gal said it looked awful. I can't find a Bobbi Brown foundation that doesn't look too yellow on me. Isn't she the vendor that claims everyone should wear a yellow base foundation? Anyway, I can't use the powder ones either--much too drying. Foundation is tricky for so many women, and I am one of them! I just make sure I use it sparingly so I don't look like it's trowled on.

And yes, more older models would be nice. Not every foundation works for every skin type. I appreciate it when a vendor acknowledges this. 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 I agree about offering more neutral foundations. None of the foundations that are supposed to react with your skin and go on the correct shade work either. Josie's looked so bad on me that even the Sephora makeup gal said it looked awful. I can't find a Bobbi Brown foundation that doesn't look too yellow on me. Isn't she the vendor that claims everyone should wear a yellow base foundation? Anyway, I can't use the powder ones either--much too drying. Foundation is tricky for so many women, and I am one of them! I just make sure I use it sparingly so I don't look like it's trowled on.

And yes, more older models would be nice. Not every foundation works for every skin type. I appreciate it when a vendor acknowledges this. 

@SunValley

All of the Bobbi Brown foundations are too yellow, and I've heard her make that ridiculous comment as well  .... and right there she lost all credibility, IMO.   How the heck can a woman with cool or pinkish undertones wear a yellow toned foundation?   How ridiculous.

Sorry the mineral powders are too drying.    I assume you've already experimented with a more moisturizing serum or primer.    

Personally, I mix my own mineral powders to get the right shade ... a smidge darker in the summer, and regular skin tone in the cooler months.   

I hope you find the perfect foundation (but not Bobbi Brown) lol.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2

Smiley sad 021.gif

Bare minerals is good

@AKgirl2

What are you applying under the Bare Minerals?  A serum and/or primer?   A moisturizer?    

Like always, serum, moisturizer and primer letting each absorb in between...but my skin has definitely changed a lot because of the medications I now have to take.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2

Smiley sad 021.gif

Bare minerals is good

Get the liquid in the bottle, shake it up real good and put on a brush. I'm no Spring chicken not wrinkled to bad looks good on me. LOL  That brush is really softy like. Feels like 'mink' know it's not,but, silky bristles.

I have many good quality brushes to use, but I can't stand liquid makeup.  I've tried many and just can't handle the feeling of any that I've tried on my face.  I tried great brands...Lancome, Armani,

Estee, Chanel, Nars, Clarins...good thing I was able to return most

of them.  Anyway, I'm using a great concealer (Dermablend), and just touching up with BM for now...looks ok if I don't apply BM to whole face, just blending in on sides of cheeks, chin & forehead.

Makeup is not fun like it used to be...takes twice as long to apply much less:/

Honored Contributor

I'm 65 and can still wear LG B&B in fair over my liquid makeup. I agree she should have older models in her demos, but I was told one time when they had their online Q&A that they don't need to demo on older models because her products are formulated for everyone.

Trusted Contributor

I'm 71 and have used LG medium about 7 years.  I have lupus and OA which means lots of meds which make my body chemistry fluctuate at times. I see my immunologist and eye doctor each regularly to make sure the meds are working as needed and not damaging eyes and vitals. I am so lucky to have them.  LG works great for me but during times my skin is dry I use her liquid but when all is well I use B&B.  I always use her primer over my serum and moisturizer even if I do not go further.  For years I used no make up because all I tried did not work on my skin.  At any age we ladies want and need to feel that we look the best that we can be and not settle for less.   I also would like her to use models over 50 but it would be great if all of QVC did.  Those they have don't seem to be on often.  I used to see Toni frequently but for some time she is only on their add.  I believe she was about 5'6" and maybe wore about a medium.  Her size is about as average as a model could be.  She had short salt and pepper hair with a great smile.