Contributor

Older models for makeup please

I love Laura Gellar, but I would like to see her makeup on an older model.  Older skin is different.  Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Older models for makeup please

They are selling a "dream."  None of us are old, right!  We can all look like that if we buy the product.  That is my take on this.  

I would also like to see older and heavier models for clothing as well.  In my case older, heavier and shorter.  Not going to happen.  

Respected Contributor

Laura's balance and brighten doesn't do well on mature, dry, lined

skin... it's very drying, and I find her 'medium' shade too orange.  I'm medium complected with cool undertones, have dry skin, no wrinkles...and the B&B looks muddy, makes my skin flake and is orange on me.  I do use a good primer, Lancome la base, but even with the primer, it just doesn't work:/

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2I've tossed nearly all my powders of any brand.

I have decent skin compared to lots of us women who grew up pre-sunscreen, but still I'm aware my skin is not the same as it was.

I do still use some of Laura's brow products and lipsticks and even some of the blushes just because the colors are so good for me - and becasue I just haven't tossed them!

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2

I'm having the same problem with her medium B&B looking orange on me too, (same coloring as you), but it didn't used to and I just got a new compact (gift card).

I don't know if the shade changed or just my skin changed, but it also seems more drying.

Oh well, back to my current stash of Tarte foundation, then I'll be looking for a new brand, since Tarte is no longer cruelty free.....sigh.

Smiley sad 021.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Amen. Also need close ups with no filters.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

That gal over on HSN really has some older folk to do her make up before and afters. Adriene the one with the long black hair and red lipstick. They look to be in 70's at least.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2

I'm having the same problem with her medium B&B looking orange on me too, (same coloring as you), but it didn't used to and I just got a new compact (gift card).

I don't know if the shade changed or just my skin changed, but it also seems more drying.

Oh well, back to my current stash of Tarte foundation, then I'll be looking for a new brand, since Tarte is no longer cruelty free.....sigh.

Smiley sad 021.gif

Bare minerals is good

Respected Contributor

@1MrsT wrote:

Amen. Also need close ups with no filters.

@1MrsT Yeah and I want Elvis to come back, ain't neither one gonna happen. LOL Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2

Smiley sad 021.gif

Bare minerals is good

I have been using BM for years and sadly, the last couple of years it doesnt look as good as before...also too drying.  I know it's because my skin has changed drastically due to health issue and meds:/