Honored Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

Not too long ago I saw a QVC seller hawking an electric toothbrush - she said to the hostess, condescendingly, "And let's face it, NOBODY uses a REGULAR toothbrush anymore!"  HUH??? I do, and since drugstores and supermarkets have huge displays of regular toothbrushes, evidently plenty of others do, too.   I thought I was hearing things!  Smiley Happy

@qtrmoonlady1

LOL .....  I can't think of even one person in my family or friend I know well that doesn't have an electric tooth brush.   The individually wrapped toothbrushes are in the closet in case you have an "unexpected" house guest stay over, lol.

Valued Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

[ Edited ]

You gals are hysterical - and spot on!  But my biggest complaint is what the hosts DON'T say.  I actually remember the days when hosts presenting jewelry had a ruler - *gasp* - yes, an actual measuring device whereby they would show us the length and width of a bracelet, measure a pair of earrings top to bottom and side to side, and give us the skinny on the North/South and East/West of a ring.  And after they did all of that, wait for it,  we got to know the gram weight of the piece.  I so rarely watch anymore as information that may be helpful to the consumer is up to us to find on-line as many of the hosts would prefer to prattle about their love and adoration of a piece instead of informing the customer why we should love and adore the piece.

In addition, wearing black on black on black isn't helping me see what you actually want me to spend my money on.  Shocking as it is, black on black on black doesn't translate real well over the airwaves.  And lastly, watching one particular host is like playing "Where's Waldo."  My head spins trying to follow her from one end of the set to another.

Therefore, I watch less and less QVC and order less and less from QVC.  Here we are in mid-October and not one package from what used to be one of my favorite places to shop has shown up on my door step.

Formerly posted as LuLuBelle

Remember to spay and neuter your pets

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

You gals are hysterical - and spot on!  But my biggest complaint is what the hosts DON'T say.  I actually remember the days when hosts presenting jewelry had a ruler - *gasp* - yes, an actual measuring device whereby they would show us the length and width of a bracelet, measure a pair of earrings top to bottom and side to side, and give us the skinny on the North/South and East/West of a ring.  And after they did all of that, wait for it,  we got to know the gram weight of the piece.  I so rarely watch anymore as information that may be helpful to the consumer is up to us to find on-line as many of the hosts would prefer to prattle about their love and adoration of a piece instead of informing the customer why we should love and adore the piece.

In addition, wearing black on black on black isn't helping me see what you actually want me to spend my money on.  Shocking as it is, black on black on black doesn't translate real well over the airwaves.  And lastly, watching one particular host is like playing "Where's Waldo."  My head spins trying to follow her from one end of the set to another.

Therefore, I watch less and less QVC and order less and less from QVC.  Here we are in mid-October and not one package from what used to be one of my favorite places to shop has shown up on my door step.

There are two that flit from place to place on set and it is head spinning. They need to stay in one place and not be so hyper.Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

"it's incredible"

"it's amazing"

"happy dance!"

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2: I agree re: measuring the jewelry pieces, and telling us the gram weight of the gold items. Unfortunately, so many of them are electroform (filled with silicone or resin) these days, eg. Oro Nuovo. I imagine they're unable to determine the accurate gram weight of those. That's why l won't purchase gold jewelry filled with those materials.

And here's another factor: l've sold some of my old gold jewelry to "gold buyers," who weigh the items and pay based on that weight. How can they pay me for items that are filled, and unable to provide an accurate weight? To me, gold is an investment, but "filled" gold is not.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

Not too long ago I saw a QVC seller hawking an electric toothbrush - she said to the hostess, condescendingly, "And let's face it, NOBODY uses a REGULAR toothbrush anymore!"  HUH??? I do, and since drugstores and supermarkets have huge displays of regular toothbrushes, evidently plenty of others do, too.   I thought I was hearing things!  Smiley Happy

@qtrmoonlady1

LOL .....  I can't think of even one person in my family or friend I know well that doesn't have an electric tooth brush.   The individually wrapped toothbrushes are in the closet in case you have an "unexpected" house guest stay over, lol.

@Tinkrbl44Oh, well, I guess I'm out of the loop - with my regular toothbrush and my scrunchies! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

"I digress"  is the one I can't stand! 

Frequent Contributor

"Me and my" kids, friend, husband....

What???  Where did you learn basic English?

"She and me went...."

"Bob and myself" think you need to add this to your collection...

As someone else stated QVC doesn't hire people without a college degree.  I don't have a college degree and I know the proper use of me, myself, and I and "I" expect someone on TV trying to get "me" to part with "my" money to speak proper English! 

Contributor

"Here's the thing...."