Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

And it's only   "twenty "dollars and  CHANGE,"  as if we are searching  about for loose change to make the purchase  lol

Respected Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

I have read of a few individuals bothered by calling objects "she" and I must agree.  Maybe the English language rules have changed, but it used to be that objects were "it" as compared to other languages where objects had definite articles (masculine, feminine) assigned to them.  Guess I had better sign up for a class on the new English.  Between that and "sick" I have to wonder what has happened to the art of describing things.  There does seem to be an excess of repetitiveness as well as "filler" words.  I applaud those hosts who still conduct themselves with class, respect for the customer, and seeming sincereity.  (Mary Beth and Dan being two such hosts)

Respected Contributor

@Fritz123 wrote:

And it's only   "twenty "dollars and  CHANGE,"  as if we are searching  about for loose change to make the purchase  lol

I wonder how many people, myself included have heard "it's only twenty dollars and change" and call to purchase only to find out the " twenty dollars and change" is a split payment and you owe 5 more "twenty dollars and change"

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

I am/we are GIVING you....blah, blah...

Wear this over/under/with a great little/sweet little....blah, blah...

Buy this now because the easy pay goes away at the end of day!

Valued Contributor

Not too long ago I saw a QVC seller hawking an electric toothbrush - she said to the hostess, condescendingly, "And let's face it, NOBODY uses a REGULAR toothbrush anymore!"  HUH??? I do, and since drugstores and supermarkets have huge displays of regular toothbrushes, evidently plenty of others do, too.   I thought I was hearing things!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

My pet peeve is when they only give the one easy pay as the price of the time.  Seems shady to me.  I bet some older folks who can't see the TV well, have been taken advantage of this way.  To be professional and a respected company, they should give the full price, then the easy pay.  They should not be allowed to give the easy pay without out giving the full price in the same sentence.  Just seems to be a very shady way to do business to me.  There is one host who sells fashion most often that does this all the time.  I have no respect for a business who tries to mislead a customer to pedal their items.  When they do that, it makes me think even QVC believes their items are priced to high, let alone their excessive shipping charges they just raised again!

Frequent Contributor

Can't decide which I find more obnoxious: calling inanimate objects "she," or giving a single easy payment as the full item price.

Frequent Contributor

And the whole idea that everybody should "tuck away" hundreds of bucks worth of expensive goods in a "gift closet" in case someone unexpected drops by during the holidays.  

"Honey, the pizza delivery guy's here."
"Oh, I forgot to buy him something. Quick, grab those Bose headphones out of the gift closet!"

Occasional Contributor

Shawn owns everything and everything is her favorite

Occasional Contributor

GASP:  I have more trouble with the hosts gasping.  Some suck air like a Dyson.  Come on now.  Very few things in life require a gasp.