Regular Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

Right? Right? Right?

Honored Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

Heard just now on Evine:

"I don't even care what this looks like on, I just want to feel it on my body."

Eww and WT *?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I don't get the reference to "wearing" a handbag.  I carry a handbag.  It's not an item of clothing.

Honored Contributor

"Am loving this...!"

"you are more than welcome to buy more than one" (of course you are!)

"Take us on a tour of this shoe, etc."

Esteemed Contributor

You can get this home for a dollar and change a day?  Really???? If I add shipping handling and tax that is over 2.00 a day.  duh  Get the calculater out!   The shuz or however you spell the word that is not a word, started back when LR was there.  Don't forget Sheek!!!  and POP.   Sic tops them all.  If it is sic?  I don't want it! 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

"This covers all your bits & pieces"

"I'm OBSESSED with this!"

"You know I work out with this every day.  I use this equipment in my sleep.  It's called active breathing!"

And I always wonder if it will be sufficient for my hunks and chunks. If I only had bits and pieces, I wouldn't worry about them showing.

Esteemed Contributor

"This product was created by plastic surgeons!"

Since when did plastic surgeons become cosmetics chemists?

"This product is infused with skin loving ingredients."

The word "infused" is overused by cosmetic vendors.

"This oil (mud, clay, dirt) in this cream (mask, serum, lotion, cleanser, shampoo, conditioner) comes from the most remote parts of the world and can only be harvested once a year. "

Yeah. OK. Whatever!

Frequent Contributor

This is one topic that QVC should, or must consider to improve their sales. As what I have read last August 5th 2016 on CNBC..."QVC owner plummets 21% on sudden sales slowdown! Here's the link....http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/05/qvc-owner-plummets-18-on-sudden-sales-slowdown.html

I always believe that in every business, the host/hosts play a very important role in the game. Not only do we watch, look, and listen for the products being presented, but we listen carefully to how it is presented on air by a specifc host. I have to be honest, I have stopped watching QVC for almost 3 or 4 months, maybe even more. I have cancelled some of my auto-deliveries as well. I have not ordered anything in their Christmas in July special.

I have already written some of the hosts that I think are not fit to present some products in one of the threads last month. That is why when I read the plumetting of sales slowdown on QVC two days ago, the comments, posts, and thoughts of the customers who dislike some of the many hosts on QVC could be a strong factor on that too. I do not like that patricular host who creates/invents her own VOCABULARY to describe an item. I do not like her tone of voice in the manner of presenting a product...."When it's gone, it's gone....Many other hosts say this too but, SK may think she is a great host, NO she isn't. QVC needs to put her on a grave yard shift time if they cannot replace her. That is one reason I stopped watching QVC. Another host is JG..."And to my Purple Ladies out there, you know who you are"......Stop, I never liked the way you present your products. And if you are presenting a game item, please do not get carried away playng the game just to get a high score while you are on air presenting that product!

Amy Strans, Marybeth Roe, Albany are the good hosts right now....David is the only male who tops them all. When Rick Domier is on, I change my channel to HSN. The way he presents his product is like he is rushing to finish the presentation....I never believed in him the way he presents his products on air....

I am sorry QVC, but please listen to all these comments and replies....They have told you and they have said it.....Tell your hosts to stop saying "Congratulations to those of you who got it". As one of the posters said, 'I didn't win it, I bought it." Please tell them to stop saying..."When it's gone, it's gone." It sounds more of like a threat rather than convincing us to get it.....Please tell them to stop saying..."I have warned you, at the end of the day....We have no reorders....."

I love listening to the hosts of HSN. Very professional, the tone of their voices are so likeable.....What has happened to QVC, your hosts do not need to use STRONG PERSUASIVE WORDS to sell. If we like the product and the host presenting the product, we will surely buy them....

These are my thoughts....again I say THIS POST ABOUT...."ODD and OVER-USED LANGUAGE USED ACROSS ANY HOSTS AND VENDORS should be given utmost attention. PLEASE FIND LISA MASON and bring her back. QVC will get back its sales and I will go back watching QVC again. Lisa Mason was one of the good hosts, too bad you never got hold of her again......

Thank you so much, in the meantime....I will keep reading the funny and hilarious posts of these Overused language by many hosts.....

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

The one that I've heard multiple times lately, when referring to a style of clothing, "It's fierce." "This looks fierce."

What???  Lions, tigers, and other animals that have powerful jaws and that can run much faster than me are fierce, not people sporting clothes.Cat Wink

@IlliniGirl88

Amen, sister !!!  

Trusted Contributor

I am tired of hearing about their aching feet because of the shoes they have on.  You sell a very diverse selection of shoes.  If what you are telling us in your sales pitch about the 3"+ skinny heels, etc sold at QVC is true why do your feet hurt?  During a session selling shoes yesterday the host started the segment complaining about her shoes were killing her feet and changed into the product being sold.  The shoes being sold were so comfortable.  If you are selling shoes on your session why do you not have them on to begin with.  I really don't care what you have at home.  Please show the colors and let the vendor give their pitch uninterrupted.  The same is true of all other sales also.  Yesterday I watched very little because it was a contest to see who talk the fastest and drown out the other person.   People who used to be polite and have good manners have forgotten what their parents told them.  As my grandson pointed out to us one designer " is not very nice".  When asked why he said that he replied that his teachers say that nice people wait there turn to talk and keep their hands to themselves.   When you think a young child is playing and not paying attention beware.   They are great multi tasker's.