Regular Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

"This is sooo sic" or "I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this"

Respected Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

Really funny thread!  I enjoyed reading all the comments because yes, I can relate.  Much of this behavior though is what has led to my decrease in viewing, along with the shipping & handling return charges. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lotusmagician wrote:

Anyone else notice these?

1. "...on the day."

2. referring to clothing, shoes, jewelry, etc. as "she" (WHAT?)

3. "szuhzing" up (sleeves)

4."You're killing me..."

5. "There is no reorder..."

Especially #3.....is szuhzing (sp?) in the dictionary?  Maybe I should look, I think it sounds ridiculous.

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

@carmela soprano wrote:

"We love this with..."

"Let's go through your colors again. We have them for you in......"

"Wait until you get this home..."

Oh! that going thru the colors sure gets old.  Not only in the clothes, but I swear, David does it every 10 sec on the kitchen shows.

Respected Contributor

The one that I've heard multiple times lately, when referring to a style of clothing, "It's fierce." "This looks fierce."

What???  Lions, tigers, and other animals that have powerful jaws and that can run much faster than me are fierce, not people sporting clothes.Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

"This covers all your bits & pieces"

"I'm OBSESSED with this!"

"You know I work out with this every day.  I use this equipment in my sleep.  It's called active breathing!"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought of a few more:

She's a beauty-- referring to a top or handbag as if it's a person.

l'll climb into this jacket-- as if a ladder will be needed.

ETA: All the hosts say "l own this," regardless of what the item is. They fail to say that's b/c the vendor gives them free samples to try out, and keep! Maybe not a $6,000 bracelet, but l think this applies to most moderately-priced items presented for sale.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find comparing fabric to a food substance to be the most annoying, as in "Oh this material feels like butter"  Really?  My butter is in the refrigerator, hard and cold.  And greasy.  So I'm not sure why this would be a positive.

And the other?  "This is so on trend".  Used in every other sentence by one of the vendors.  Over and over again.

Beautiful. Are there no other adjectives?

Valued Contributor

@Patriot3: I looked up the spelling of this word (used to describe pushing sleeves up). It was puzzling me as well! Spell 'just' backwards, but add a z in there: tszuj

Now use it in a sentence. Smiley Very Happy Is yours "I hate hearing tszuj overused!!!"?