Frequent Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

"We love this with..."

"Let's go through your colors again. We have them for you in......"

"Wait until you get this home..."

Respected Contributor

Re: Odd and Over-Used Language Used Across Many of the Hosts and Vendors...Strange...

WHAT? There are only 1500 left

This makes me nervous

Someone please order this for me right now

Every Man and woman for themselves

Run to the phone

We only have a couple a thousand for the whole world

Hand to heart, I use this every day

I'm obsessed with this

Don't worry, be Happy!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Cracked me up.

Those dang colors again & the hosts rarely get the names right.

@carmela soprano wrote:

"We love this with..."

"Let's go through your colors again. We have them for you in......"

"Wait until you get this home..."

Trusted Contributor

@lotusmagician wrote:

Anyone else notice these?

1. "...on the day."

2. referring to clothing, shoes, jewelry, etc. as "she" (WHAT?)

3. "szuhzing" up (sleeves)

4."You're killing me..."

5. "There is no reorder..."

Not only do they adopt these phrases and use, abuse them, they practice funny vocal patterns.  With some,  "Uhmm", " Uhmmm"  "uhmb" is inserted at nearly every pause.  They share, because hosts who've never before used "Uhmm" are all of a sudden stopping, midsentence, to insert the dreaded "uhmm".  There is a popular publication that advertises self help for "uhmm" users.  It promises to teach readers how to use "Uhmm" without sounding stupid!  Yes it does make that claim !  Yes they do realize that it makes them sound less than wise.  No they can't "normalize" "hmmm.  ( NB:  This is not a bashing of a certain vendor whose use predates the current pattern.  I have nothing to say about any single person in particular)

The newer hosts are being instructed to abruptly alter their tone, pitch and VOLUME during their presentations.  As noted by a previous posting, the sudden loud, shrill delivery can jerk you and your dog out of a deep sleep. Once I thought someone had thrown the door open on an ongoing argument- the damsel sure did sound distressed.  Further observation, however, has noted this practice in most of the newer hosts and, most alarmingly, in the newest of hosts and the most favorite host !

ps:  Add to the overused phrases:

"Get this home, give it a try, make it your own" ( at the original $5.00 plus the eventual  $6.95 a try?)

"This is gonna be your yellow.....Then we move into your peuce....."

"For those of you watching (hunh?) you're gonnabeableda.."

(going to be able to what?)

"I have to warn you that easy pay.                            . at the end .

.                       .                         .

. goes away                               of the day"

"This is just sick.."

"I just can't...just can't...."

Honored Contributor

I guess you've never had to extoll the delights of reserving a hotel suite in Phoenix in mid-summer.............(!!)   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Occasional Contributor

Don't forget "Only $40? I mean... I MEAN!"

And another favorite du jour: "That 'beach sand' color is EVERYTHING."

Thanks to all contributors here. This thread gave me a chuckle since I can easily identify the hosts/vendors from the lines you supplied.

Trusted Contributor

When a piece of jewelry is about $400.00 or more she will say buy more than one. WHAT!     Or a $200 whatever give as a gift to your nail girl. I think I'll start biting my nails.

Respected Contributor

One of the show host's on JTV says idn't it instead of isn't it. This is supposed to be one of the owners wife too.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

I'm laughing so hard my cats came in the room to find out what's wrong.  Great topic and responses to end the day with.  Thanks ladies.  Will keep reading for further responses.

Valued Contributor

How about "this is so stinkin' cute."

Love that one.