Respected Contributor

OUR PROFILES ARE VISIBLE IN GOOGLE SEARCH!!

[ Edited ]

THIS POST HAS BEEN CLOSED BY QVC BECAUSE THE INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMER PRIVACY IS NOT CORRECT AND IS CREATING CONFUSION FOR CUSTOMERS.

PLEASE REVIEW OUR POST ABOUT PRIVACY SETTINGS HERE 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

QVC SW Dev / IT FOLKS !!!

Why are our full Profiles visible in Google?  Did a search on my nic - comes up with recnt post history,  date last visited, favorite product purchase images, etc.

I even see my Avatar in Google search results for my nic and it links to another page in Google Images! 

I just changed my personal privacy settings  to NONE -  not as I left it   "Default (None)"

It isnt just my profile!!!    I random tested several others .

It did appear that when I am logged in i still am able to see my email in a search result!  hopefully that is due to a function of my being logged in and I need to test this on another computer.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

THIS POST HAS BEEN CLOSED BY QVC BECAUSE THE INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMER PRIVACY IS NOT CORRECT AND IS CREATING CONFUSION FOR CUSTOMERS.

PLEASE REVIEW OUR POST ABOUT PRIVACY SETTINGS HERE 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OUR PROFILES ARE VISIBLE IN GOOGLE SEARCH!!

That is awful.

Trusted Contributor

The profile Google brought up was my posting history. Just the number, date I joined, not my real name or my avatar. But that's concerning, being able to view any part of my profile.
Esteemed Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Why are our full Profiles visible in Google?  Did a search on my nic - comes up with recnt post history,  date last visited, favorite product purchase images, etc.

I even see my Avatar in Google search results for my nic and it links to another page in Google Images! 

I just changed my personal privacy settings  to NONE -  not as I left it   "Default (None)"

It did appear that when I am logged in i still am able to see my email in a search result!  hopefully that is due to a function of my being logged in and I need to test this on another computer.

Please help us with SECURITY here! 

If tighter security is not possible, please inform us so we may move on.  

I went to Settings and Preferences and could not find a way to change my settings to NONE.  If you can help with this, please do.  Like you, I don't need my stuff plastered all over the net for my clients (physicians) to see, if they google me.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I know our chat activity has always been available with google search.  Didn't know about my profile.  Not good.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think this is new.   Do a Google search for products that QVC offers, and the conversations emerge-even before the new format.  IMO, why one should be cautious about posting personal stuff-here or elsewhere.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure that you could always do a search for your QVC name and things posted on the QVC Board would come up.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you could always do a search for your QVC name and things posted on the QVC Board would come up.

They did, but OP is talking about your profile.  You profile has more personal information, like you'll your email address.

Respected Contributor

Hi, go to MY SETTINGS -- > PREFENCES -->  Select PRIVACY -->

There are three fileds on the right for setting your privacy . I selected "NONE"  for aother to view

SHOW Private information in Profile to NO ONE

SHOW email address  to No ONE

SHOW Online Status to NO ONE (unless you want to )  

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Please help us with SECURITY here! 

If tighter security is not possible, please inform us so we may move on.  

I went to Settings and Preferences and could not find a way to change my settings to NONE.  If you can help with this, please do.  Like you, I don't need my stuff plastered all over the net for my clients (physicians) to see, if they google me.  Thank you!

hi, i replied  it is post #9 -