Trusted Contributor

Re: OK - Enough is Enough with Christmas in July!

Just remember July is 31 days and it IT Christmas in July. ----------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

KYToby........that is a real snotty reply - yes, I do know they are in business - duh - but they can and should be respectful of the Christmas season.   Maybe YOU should learn to write nicer responses!

That seems to  be @KYToby standard reply, this person seems to default to snarky, and loves to " educate" we ignorant folks about business.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Indoor Kitty

HA HA - she is a gem - gem that doesn't light up on a Christmas tree!  Let her be snarky - I don't think WE ignorant folks can learn anything from her except not giving her the time of day.  But, you have a nice day, ok?

Trusted Contributor

@grooms wrote:

KYToby........that is a real snotty reply - yes, I do know they are in business - duh - but they can and should be respectful of the Christmas season.   Maybe YOU should learn to write nicer responses!

I do think QVC wants to know what people think.  Otherwise why go to the expense of having this forum.  They are collecting a lot of information about us -- what we like, don't like, other places we shop, our health, activities, pets . . .  

I agree that starting Christmas shopping in July probably makes them a lot of money and is here to stay, but it never hurts to say what you think.  I don't really understand why they do one category of anything for days at a time.   

Respected Contributor

@grooms wrote:

Sorry grooms, but KYToby's response was quite appropriate based on your OP and the fact that you've placed it in "suggestion box."

Have you considered that the endless whinging posts basically tell everyone who enjoys the Christmas shows that they aren't important and only your preferred programs are important?

As the "Christmas Season" entails more than just one viewpoint (yeah I know, you think there is only one), there is no disrespect here except in your own mind.

Respected Contributor

I like the CIJ shows. They give me ideas, help me plan my buying, get some of it done and a can be a "cool" relief of the heat menta.lyrics and also the bad times  that may be among us.

I think Those who can't get out might enjoy the programming get change. I was off work for surgery and I know it made it a bit different than the same bags, clothes, shoes that *I*  don't buy. If I didn't like it...much like when there is bags and the like on all day...I would've changed the channel and come back to it another day. Tons of programming for all.

Honored Contributor

I don't even turn on Q once they start their summer Christmas shows.  I hate the shows and won't watch.  Most are repeats of repeats of repeats or junk from last year or the year before.   I have better things to do with my life.

Sincerely

Scrooge

p.s.  if you like them, enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

Like a few of my fellow posters here.......I absolutely LOVE the Christmas in July shows!  I wish they had one show a month with Christmas stuff.  To each his own and there is programming for everyone's taste.  For example, I don't spend hundreds of dollars on a single handbag or outfit, so I never watch the Dooney and Bourke shows or G.I.L.I. shows, etc.  Or the endless shows when they have a TSV that is a vacuum or computer, etc.  So I just pick and choose the programs I wish to enjoy.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Are you under the (mistaken) impression that QVC exists to entertain you and alleviate your boredom?

QVC has Christmas in July because it brings in a lot of money -- way more than you will ever spend here.  Since QVC exists to make a profit rather than structur its programming to suit you, guess which wins out in the end?

thank you for your usual input

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

They do it every year soooooooooo ...

but it used to be just one day, which is understandable,  now it's 2 solid days every week!  

who buys that much stuff for Christmas that is 5 months away?

Once the constant CIJ is no longer profitable it will go away