Regular Contributor

I sometimes wait until I can see the video online when an item is modeled.  Same thing goes for watching live on tv.  Please could someone tell the show hosts or the camera person to show the model that is standing there waiting to be videoed.  Too much wasted time telling me the colors , etc.,etc. and sometimes not even letting us see the model but for a minute and then moving on.

Super Contributor

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

I sometimes wait until I can see the video online when an item is modeled.  Same thing goes for watching live on tv.  Please could someone tell the show hosts or the camera person to show the model that is standing there waiting to be videoed.  Too much wasted time telling me the colors , etc.,etc. and sometimes not even letting us see the model but for a minute and then moving on.

What a great suggestion! 😊

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.....that exact thing happened to me the other day...they only  showed the model about 30 seconds before going to the next product...............needless to say i didn't purchase.............and so many times the size i need is sold out by the time they show it ON a model...

Honored Contributor

I think they are short staffed, with people handling more than one thing at a time.  One Breezies show had four pairs of panties not neatly rolled into the box, and a bra was bent under on the bust.  Stuff you never see.  

Super Contributor

I was going to ask the same thing!

They used to show them more and for longer periods of time, but now it's like if you blink, you miss them!

The models are how I decide if I want to buy the item or not.

Hopefully someone sees this and takes it into consideration...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Not showing the models

[ Edited ]

I've wondered about this, too.  How much do these models cost?  Looks like a waste of money for the time they are on air--  I hope they don't get paid by the minute they are actually on camera.

Why bother hiring models in the first place if the viewer can't see them?  Especially the fashion models-- it takes longer for them to put the garment ON than to show it on-air!

Honored Contributor

If the models are short-staffed, then show them in their outfits at the beginning of the presentations.  

'That way' they can run off and change into their next items.

Don't wait until the end of the show, and only show them for a few seconds. 

Anyway, nice that some of the models decided to continue to work.  We appreciate them!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

now if QVC would just put them in clothes that FIT!!!!

Valued Contributor

I have found if the models are keeping their arms across the front of a garment or hands in pockets they are hiding someting. It has happened to me a few times. I also think they alter some of the garments by pinning loose areas & having the models put on a sweater or jacket over a garment is a sign to me there may be a problem. Large armholes or to tight what ever it's not a good sign.

Trusted Contributor
I agree. It’s frustrating. It’s almost stupid to have her put on the outfit for the amount of time. I’m losing interest.