Honored Contributor

Re: Not really digging the negative banter between hosts and guests

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Leggett28    I complained about a vendor a few times who was 100% touching the models inappropriately, which is illegal.  The same vendor was making sexual comments about the UPS delivery man and how that person looked forward to his visit..not illegal, but inappropriate for all audiences. I think I made a comment on that thread...not 100% sure.

I have never complained about a host or any other vendors.  I am not a fan of people complaining about everything.  It should only done when something is serious and needs to be addressed because it is illegal or immoral.

@Carmie  I hope you let one the higher ups in the QVC offices know about this. I barely watch so I haven’t seen this happen. But it is not appropriate. Are they still doing it?

I know QVC addressed this because I heard the vendor say to one of the model's that he had to be careful when arranging clothing or he would get into trouble.

One of the model's grabbed his hand and removed it from her body...so maybe she made a complaint too.

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
The OP couldn't have been more ambiguous had she tried.

🤔LOL However, it seems to have worked, eliciting the same old host-bashing...from OTHER posters.

What was that about "bullying," again?

@Moonlady  Ambiguity is not a positive with the business of marketing so perhaps the host should find another profession if that is her schtick.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

• @Nonametoday wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Johnnyeager  Don't you think it is rude to call people who like Shawn minions?  

I do.

No.  It implies they follow her because she is a powerful person.  Do you not understand Webster?

oh yes, I do know what the word minion means. One of the meanings is a subservient person...Shawn is not powerful person and people who like her are not subservient.

Come on, she is a person who presents stuff on  TV, no more, no less.

I don't understand how people get so wrapped up in a Hosts and Vendors lives.  Yes, some make mistakes.  It is live TV.   You can't erase your mistakes or take it back.

Everyone makes mistakes on the job...everyone.  Not many of those errors are viewed by millions of people who clutch their pearls, gasp and discuss it.

The boards have more discussions that are negative about QVC and their hosts than any other topic....and most are silly and juvenile.  

• OMG, host is wearing socks, or not wearing socks
  • OMG, the hosts are wearing PJ's
  • OMG, the host is wearing glasses that distract me
  • OMG, the host is wearing her hair with  bangs.
  • OMG, the host said something rude
  • OMG,the host is not on tonight..wonder where he/she is
  • OMG, the host talks too fast
  • OMG, the host pronounced a word incorrectly.
  • OMG, the host eats too much food
  • OMG, the vendor is squishing the food.
  • OMG, the host/vendor is touching the food without gloves
  • OMG, the host is shaving legs or sanding feet/heels
  • OMG, the host is wearing sneakers 
  • OMG, the hosts are unprofessional

And there are hundreds more. Have we become a nation of complainers?  It seems so.

@Carmie   No, but I think you have become a whole state of host apologists.

Esteemed Contributor

"But I continue to believe that the most vociferous "stifle it" posters are QVC employees." @Johnnyeager 

And those who religiously follow these complaint threads around the boards claiming there must be "stifle it" posters employed by QVC--who are they working for? Target, Walmart, ShopHQ? 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie...There's nothing "nice" about this thread.

But you already knew that.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday :

tyTc1Nl.jpg

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
@Carmie...There's nothing "nice" about this thread.

But you already knew that.

II never said or Implied there was anything nice about it. Most of the complaint threads are not nice and unfortunately many of the nice threads are ruined by not so nice comments.

Valued Contributor

Wit and sarcasm can be edgy and when people do it, its usually not in front of a huge TV audience. There’s a time and place for everything. Live TV is not the time.

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Oh please, there is absolutely nothing witty about the host in question.  She is patently and perpetually rude.  To everyone.

And it is inconceivable (to me) that she and Brett are friends "in real life."

--------

I've liked Shawn, never found her to be rude, and since, she's been a QVC host, well into double digit years, I'm pretty sure they don't either. 

QVC Customer Care