Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not really digging the negative banter between hosts and guests

@Effie54 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

Shawn was argumentative as if she were arguing either with Alexa or the presenter about Alexa's response.  Just my opinion.  I don't care how she always is with this presenter, she might need a break from work. The gentleman made the remark about not really friends in an effort to make it as light as possible without being offensive or defensive.  He handled it well. Shawn not so much.  Sorry I do not agree with everyone.  I found her remarks somewhat snide.

I agree. She must be able to sell a tremendous amount.

She has a  plethora of minions who hang on her every word.

Honored Contributor

@eyeron wrote:

I totally get sarcasm but when a person goes on and on in a sarcastic way it can get very annoying.... even among friends.  ANYWAY..... QVC wins thanks to Shawn because.... how many people (who are reading this thread) went back to find that video and watched all about the Amazon Fire tablet?  lol!  

@eyeron   Not me. I could not care less what she says or how she said it. It's up to the vendor or the "person" in her ear piece to shut it down. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie .......Folks not "getting" sarcastic humor is why a lot of people did not like Don Rickles.  Even Joan Rivers herself was good with the sarcasum.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager  Don't you think it is rude to call people who like Shawn minions?  

I do.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@eyeron wrote:

I totally get sarcasm but when a person goes on and on in a sarcastic way it can get very annoying.... even among friends.  ANYWAY..... QVC wins thanks to Shawn because.... how many people (who are reading this thread) went back to find that video and watched all about the Amazon Fire tablet?  lol!  

@eyeron   Not me. I could not care less what she says or how she said it. It's up to the vendor or the "person" in her ear piece to shut it down. 

@Shanus   I have witnessed on air that neither the vendor nor the producer in the host's ear can be counted on to address a host's ill-advised behavior or comment.  The vendor never wants to appear at odds with the host, so they go along with them, even when the host gives incorrect information.  I've seen some hosts apologize in a near panic if they have to correct a host on air.  A rude comment comes across as a joke or something they didn't "pick up."  I've seen this many times.

As far as the producer goes, they are usually in their 20's who know full well that certain hosts are not to be corrected because they have some apparent "pull" at QVC.  I mention their age only to say they have far less tenure at QVC, and they want to stay in good standing with a host that gets numerous high-profile shows. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Carmie .......Folks not "getting" sarcastic humor is why a lot of people did not like Don Rickles.  Even Joan Rivers herself was good with the sarcasum.

They both used insult comedy, and they were often mean.  I love sarcastic humor, but insult comedy is not funny.  They went too far for me.....and the language..Oh goodness!

Sarcasm for me only works one on one.  I am not a big fan of stand up comics who make fun of others who are not there to "give it back" like during a roast. I personally like the give and take sarcasm between two or more people.

I don't see insult comedy the same as sarcasm. 

Frequent Contributor

If you saw the presentation you know that the vendor said something she didn't understand and she got snarky with him.........she does it with everyone when she just doesn't get it.  It wasn't sarcasm.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   Like I've said, if you must watch live shows, do so at your own risk or on mute. You won't miss a thing. Lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When viewers who watch live presentations are at "risk" for fear of encountering something (or someone) they [gasp!] don't like , we are in trouble, indeed.

C'mon.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Johnnyeager  Don't you think it is rude to call people who like Shawn minions?  

I do.

No.  It implies they follow her because she is a powerful person.  Do you not understand Webster?