Occasional Contributor

Not really digging the negative banter between hosts and guests

I had to turn off my feed because the conversation between the host and the guest was bordering on bullying.  I know these conversations are often done in jest...but with all the bullying that is going on in the media these days ... under the guise of "joking", made me upset so I turned off that host.  Please ask hosts to not joke in a way that seems to bully or criticize the guest or another host...even if it is a joke.  Keeping it real is one thing, but bullying is bullying.  Thanks for your consideration.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Not really digging the negative banter between hosts and guests

@orshopper.  Have no idea what you're talking about.  I've never heard anything remotely resembling what you describe.  Care to be more specific?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Agreed. When the guest said to the camera, "You can tell we're not friends" (or something along those lines), I was shocked. It was very uncomfortable to watch the two of them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You either understand sarcasm or you don't.  It's not something you can be taught.  There wasn't even a hint of bullying...it was a form of wit.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I did see this and I also thought it was strange. JMO

Respected Contributor

If this thread is about the Fire tablet presentation then the comments about bullying are wrong...they are friends & just teasing each other, it happens every time they present an item together. Bullying, oh good grief.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shawn was argumentative as if she were arguing either with Alexa or the presenter about Alexa's response.  Just my opinion.  I don't care how she always is with this presenter, she might need a break from work. The gentleman made the remark about not really friends in an effort to make it as light as possible without being offensive or defensive.  He handled it well. Shawn not so much.  Sorry I do not agree with everyone.  I found her remarks somewhat snide.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

You either understand sarcasm or you don't.  It's not something you can be taught.  There wasn't even a hint of bullying...it was a form of wit.

@Carmie  Well said

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh please, there is absolutely nothing witty about the host in question.  She is patently and perpetually rude.  To everyone.

And it is inconceivable (to me) that she and Brett are friends "in real life."