Honored Contributor

Re: No to QVC/Facebook…..No to QVC period!

I see the info right on top of the page. 

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@geezerette, I'm not seeing that banner. I see one that basically welcomes people to the board.

This all makes me very sad. I don't post nearly as much as I used to but have been on here for many, many years. I'm not on FB. I wish they'd realize, or care, that not everyone wants to be.

@Qgirl26 

Then type "Blog" in the main QVC search bar.  That will take you to a page explaining the new situation.

So they are hiding the decision, only those that enter the magic word know?

@NYCLatinaMe 

No.  It should be visible as a banner at the top of the main forum page.  Click on "View All Forum Topics", and you should see a black (fittingly) banner that says the forums are going away November 2.

Honored Contributor

6A14986B-9FBB-46E6-B651-72783487EC17.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

No banner here

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 5.41.37 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

No banner here

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 5.41.37 PM.png

@NYCLatinaMe 

Because you're on the wrong page.

Click on "View All Forum Topics" right under that "explore, discover, etc." banner.

Valued Contributor

I pretty well quit QVC back when WII was all you saw for many days. Then there is 5 hours of kitchen stuuf, and another 4 or 5 hours of shoes, and then 5 hours of clothing.

I have a much shorter attention span than that. 

It used to be 1 hour of shoes, 1 hour of jewlery, 1 hour os computers, and on it went. You could learn something about a computer, or other electronic gadget. You could also learn the garment measurment so you knew if it fit properly. On air measurments do by the hostess was a plus.

Then came the days of hard sell, forget what the garment actually measured, Buy, Buy, Buy. And then neverending hours of the same thing. Over and over with host and vendor both talking and shouting over each other.

My TV went from QVC all day long, so doing what they called a Q check now and then. Now, I check into the forums from time to time just to see what is going on with the channel I once loved.

Quality - not so much, it's mostly from China. Value - no not any more. Convenience - not when it takes 2 weeks to get here.

My local stores are a couple miles away, I can try on what I'm looking for. If it fits, it goes home with me. In less than 2 weeks I'm wearing it and have washed it a couple of times.Electronics are also nearby, and there's usually some kid there that can tell me what I need to know to hook it up. The real world is in my backyard.

Not waiting to see if the UPS has lost it or if it has gotten caught up in the USPS slow down.

I canceled my Q card a couple years ago. I don't remember my number any more either.The fascination is gone. Sorry QVC, I miss the Q bird, but I don't miss the hard sell one little bit. I do not need to run to get the phone.Not anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette 

I can post that too, see below, checked that first and saw no banner.  No need to be rude.

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 2.02.57 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@geezerette 

I can post that too, see below, checked that first and saw no banner.  No need to be rude.

@NYCLatinaMe 

I wasn't being rude.  Sorry you took it that way.

Have you tried typing "Blog" into the main QVC search page?  That should take you to another page that explains the whole thing.

If that doesn't work, I have no other suggestions. 🤷‍♀️😆

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe,  try this link to the announcement:

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/support.html?redirectTerm=blog

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@geezerette 

@NYCLatinaMe 

I wasn't being rude.  Sorry you took it that way.

Have you tried typing "Blog" into the main QVC search page?  That should take you to another page that explains the whole thing.

If that doesn't work, I have no other suggestions. 🤷‍♀️😆

Yes, @geezerette that is what I posted, that I saw the warning when I typed the magic word.  See my post and your initial reply in message 22.