Honored Contributor

No to QVC/Facebook…..No to QVC period!

Dear QVC,

I have been a customer/member for many years.  That will soon come to an end.  I understand there have been problems with the boards.  However, MANY GOOD PEOPLE come here looking for information whether it be Wellness issues, Recipe Swap, Book Club, Electronics, etc., etc.  Why couldn't QVC modify the boards thereby still allowing some exchange here....pick the topics most used.    NOT EVERYONE IS ON FACEBOOK.....I am one!  

I am very disappointed in this decision.  I will not be shopping QVC much longer.  Q....Quality...not so good anymore.....V...Value....not really.....C...Convenience...yes, but shoppers have many online choices now.  

Super Contributor

Re: No to QVC/Facebook…..No to QVC period!

I agree, I rarely log in because if I do, I can't sign out permanently without clearing my browing history (which erases weather.com location and others).  I have written in the customer care forum my concern about receiving help.  I have told them that how they respond will affect my continuing to shop at QVC.  

Contributor

I totally agree. I don't post much but read the boards and enjoy them. I have gotten a lot of good information when doing so. I usually go to the book forum for  suggestions for good books to read and the TV section for movies and TV shows.When I am reading the boards I generally switch to the QVC site to see what is going on there. No more. I will not join facebook and probably will end my shopping at QVC.As it has been said, there are a lot of other places to shop.

Frequent Contributor

I too will no longer be shopping at QVC.  I don't log in often, however I have found some very useful info from other posters on these forums.   Hopefully, with enough people protesting the shut down of the forums and the potential loss of customers they will change their minds.

Esteemed Contributor

@walker. I agree with you.  Dropping this forum makes no sense.  And, I suppose the moderators here will be losing their jobs too.  Wonder who the "genius" is that came up with this idea.  Oh, well...if I don't have these boards to read, then I have no reason to log on to the Q's site.

Respected Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@walker. I agree with you.  Dropping this forum makes no sense.  And, I suppose the moderators here will be losing their jobs too.  Wonder who the "genius" is that came up with this idea.  Oh, well...if I don't have these boards to read, then I have no reason to log on to the Q's site.

The moderators are also customer service reps, so why would they be terminated?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@grandma r wrote:

The moderators are also customer service reps, so why would they be terminated?

From what I understand they've already been moderating the Facebook pages.  I assume they'll continue with the new ones as well.

Now we know why they've been absent lately.

Respected Contributor

@walker , I guess I missed something here about the forums closing.When and where was that announced and why are they doing it? I'm not on any other type of social media. 

Valued Contributor

Facebook and Twitter have had a monopoly on Social Media for decades. Rarely do Corporations use "Forums" anymore. Forums are not a viable source to reach customers and promote their products. Some may find it less personal, but from a business standpoint, it makes sense. I use FB to follow my favorite hosts, programs, designers, etc.. You can customize what you want to see and what you don't, discover new products, and more content. The options are endless. I've been surprised QVC didn't do this 10 years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@walker , I guess I missed something here about the forums closing.When and where was that announced and why are they doing it? I'm not on any other type of social media. 

@catter70 

Click on "View All Forum Topics".  It's the banner at the top of the page.