Honored Contributor

Re: No more skyping - Why aren't vendors on set yet?

I honestly don't care if the vendors are on set or not.  I do most of my shopping on the website and really it seems like a tremendous waste of time and money for the vendors to travel to QVC. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

COVID -19 and  so many problems with Flying these days, probably not worth

it since they can all skype. I don't mind the skyping.  I too mostly do my shopping

online and will watch the videos.. so much better then listening to "Some" of the QVC hosts..

Honored Contributor

I think I heard Dan Hughes say a few weeks ago that they had planned to have everyone back (not sure if he meant just employees or vendors too) by now, but with the rise in variant numbers they decided to wait until January.

Respected Contributor

Waste of time, money and fuel (clogging up the planet) for vendors to ever return. 

Skype works absolutely fine. Whether on QVC or other stations I've rarely seen/ heard

an issue. 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I think I heard Dan Hughes say a few weeks ago that they had planned to have everyone back (not sure if he meant just employees or vendors too) by now, but with the rise in variant numbers they decided to wait until January.

This is smart- for all of the above reasons. A lot of places are still not completely open. We are still requiring masks for everyone. Even so, some won't come inside. 

I talked to one of my closest friends last night. I haven't seen her in person for a long time. Her mom is 93, and fully vaccinated, but they aren't taking any chances. 

Unfortunately this is not over.

Honored Contributor

IMO, get rid of the vendors or get rid of the hosts.  No need for 2 or more people to describe an item.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure the vendors really like it because they might be able to right off part of their home as an expense now? But agree... the sound quality can be nails on a chalkboard 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

This is smart- for all of the above reasons. A lot of places are still not completely open. We are still requiring masks for everyone. Even so, some won't come inside. 

I talked to one of my closest friends last night. I haven't seen her in person for a long time. Her mom is 93, and fully vaccinated, but they aren't taking any chances. 

Unfortunately this is not over.

@beach-mom 

It seems to be a rolling phenomenon.  Our numbers in the south are declining, but the midwest and some of the northeast are now rising.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our numbers in New York are decreasing so much due to the vaccination mandates, we are almost back to normal. It's a wonderful feeling and so freeing.