Contributor

No more skyping - Why aren't vendors on set yet?

Come on QVC - when are you going to have vendors back live at the studio? I'm so done with the skyping.  Hated it from the start. Most times the audio is horrible.  I can't even bear to listen. I change the channel. The host and vendor constantly talk at the same time and you can't understand what either of them are saying.

Time to get back to normal QVC. Pay to have the vendors come back to the studio for a live show. It's long overdue.  You're losing revenue -- trust me. My QVC spending is way down these days.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: No more skyping - Why aren't vendors on set yet?

Not worth watching any skyping  due to poor sound quality and poor color and still missing info being provided.

Suggest QVC just take some hints from Amazon and add more to their product detail descriptions

Respected Contributor

The Skype usage won't be going away anytime soon.  It is cheap and safe.  No traveling required and people don't  get together in person.

I also dislike it for the reasons you mentioned but I am afraid it is here to stay for now.

Trusted Contributor

Our part of PA (I am close to QVC) has rising virus numbers yet.  Better safe than sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

I would guess that is too expensive to accommodate the vendors in studio.  This has probably worked out for them, financially, since the pandemic.  Just a guess.  Not trying to speculate.

Respected Contributor

I feel fine about them being on Skype, much better work life balance and happier people.

QVC spending may be down because prices are up. Basic little Tshirt is like 45.00, I can't beleive people pay the prices they do.

Honored Contributor

SHQ has had several vendors on in person for a while now. 

Frequent Contributor

Simple, COVID-19 

stay safe 😷

Esteemed Contributor

Too dangerous to fly vendors into PA from various places. Everyone must take health factors into consideration for their employees and others. Doubt this is going to change for a long time.

We're back to wearing masks again in Nebraska and social distancing . . . although we continue to enjoy going to restaurants which practice spacing customers far apart. 

Also, the price of cotton has skyrocketed due to the lack of water. Be prepared for more price increases . . .  and (horrors! here come more stretchy brands) fewer items made with cotton.   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

It doesn't bother me that the vendors are not in the studio.  I always though how expensive it was to have a vendor fly in to do 15 minutes on air.  It hasn't changed what I buy.  Before I buy anything I check the product reviews.