Valued Contributor

Re: No more former host posts

@Trinity11  I agree with you 100% about the baiting.  The person who starts the LR threads knows exactly what they are doing.    I think the person delights in seeing the responses and knows how to rile up the crowd.  Almost every post started by that person is closed even if sometimes it takes many posts before the mods close it.  That op almost never makes a topic or joins in any other topic other than anything about LR.   I think it's a topic that has been beaten to death and QVC should put an end to it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there are enough rules about what we can and cannot post.  I don't care if that person keeps posting about LR (I could never stand her) and I will continue to read them.  Then I will probably post something negative which, since this is a forum, I am free to do.

She was overrated, unfunny, over made-up, Madison Avenue obsessed, and clueless about fashion.  

The threads about her are usually good for a chuckle.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

These posts always seem to get nasty.  If I want to know what a former host is doing I can check out twitter, facebook, or just do a search.  Re-hashing what someone thinks are "glory days" is nothing but an argument waiting to happen.  Can't we concentrate on the here and now?  As many have been discussing, the ugly is getting old.

Why are people always trying to control what is posted here? If you don't want to read about former hosts, scroll on by.

There are people who will regularly attack anyone who starts a thread they think shouldn't be here.....certain celebrities should be off-limits....according to them....and so on......

I don't get it. No one has to be here, no one has to read certain threads........

If I see a thread about something that doesn't interest me, I just don't read it......PROBLEM SOLVED.

And yet you read this one.  So you are all complaining that the OP should not tell others what to post.  Isn't that was you are doing?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Don’t take the bait.

I find the threads entertaining to see the same people get riled up time and time again like they’ve got nothing better to do. 

@GenXmuse...notice how the OP of the LR threads rarely comments or responds to anyone. Lots of drama. Probably their favorite soap opera was canceled and this is a good substitute...

If no one responded, there would be no drama.

Good luck with that @QVCkitty1. This has been going on for quite some time. 

Respected Contributor

The mind police strikes again ala 1984.

Esteemed Contributor

Are these two included in the new ban on Former Hosts?:  What happened to Albany Irvin and Jacque Gonzales?  I loved them both!

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Are these two included in the new ban on Former Hosts?:  What happened to Albany Irvin and Jacque Gonzales?  I loved them both!

@Johnnyeager, are you being serious?

Just in case you are...Albany is a vendor on Evine now and Jacque works for the state I believe. 

Both were hosts one day and then all of a sudden there was a post made on their respective FB pages or blogs that said they were moving on.    

Respected Contributor

Something else to consider...It’s the poster’s incessant exaggerated praise that usually gets the ball rolling.

The LR posts get contentious not solely because people have differing opinions on her, it’s also the poster’s bombastic language, over-the-top praise, and opinions on her success stated as facts that solicit negative responses. The poster also thinks that acting like a diva and living in luxury are the standards of success to which LR aspires—never backed up with first-hand knowledge or understanding that these might be unflattering or shallow statements. This does not excuse nastiness but it does account for the level of hostility in many posts.

If the posts are allowed by the moderators, I can read, read and respond, or skip the discussion. I’m ok with that range of choices.

Esteemed Contributor

I suppose that would mean no more posts about how great Kathy Levine and the glory days of yore?

As a long as an OP keeps their posts within the confines of the standards then QVC is okay with it.

Contributor

No more former host posts

That's actually up to the moderators to decide. Why not contact one of them and see what they have to say about it?