Respected Contributor

These posts always seem to get nasty.  If I want to know what a former host is doing I can check out twitter, facebook, or just do a search.  Re-hashing what someone thinks are "glory days" is nothing but an argument waiting to happen.  Can't we concentrate on the here and now?  As many have been discussing, the ugly is getting old.

Respected Contributor

Re: No more former host posts

Wherever there is someone trying to stir the fish, there are always fish ready to take the bait. 

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Wherever there is someone trying to stir the fish, there are always fish ready to take the bait. 

True, I don't know why people get so worked up about it.  Those who want to comment should do so in a respectful manner or stay out of the conversation.

Esteemed Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

These posts always seem to get nasty.  If I want to know what a former host is doing I can check out twitter, facebook, or just do a search.  Re-hashing what someone thinks are "glory days" is nothing but an argument waiting to happen.  Can't we concentrate on the here and now?  As many have been discussing, the ugly is getting old.

I agree.  That poster needs to stop posting on that person.  There is nothing to be gained by it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Why are people always trying to control what is posted here? If you don't want to read about former hosts, scroll on by.

There are people who will regularly attack anyone who starts a thread they think shouldn't be here.....certain celebrities should be off-limits....according to them....and so on......

I don't get it. No one has to be here, no one has to read certain threads........

If I see a thread about something that doesn't interest me, I just don't read it......PROBLEM SOLVED.

Honored Contributor

As long as rules are being followed, @JONNYSBRO or any other poster is free to post.  This board belongs to QVC and no one else can dictate what is posted.  If you are not interested in a thread, as @YorkieonmyPillow stated, don't open it.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Why are people always trying to control what is posted here? If you don't want to read about former hosts, scroll on by.

There are people who will regularly attack anyone who starts a thread they think shouldn't be here.....certain celebrities should be off-limits....according to them....and so on......

I don't get it. No one has to be here, no one has to read certain threads........

If I see a thread about something that doesn't interest me, I just don't read it......PROBLEM SOLVED.

I agree. I cannot control the behavior of others, but I can control my own. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, I have to agree with @YorkieonmyPillow

While I fully know they get out of control, it is not up to me to decide what threads can be started on which topics!

If this person wants to post about previous hosts, let them!  No need for others to jump on and get all snarky.  If you have no interest in previous hosts, they STAY off!  They might be started just to rile ya'all up!  Don't take the bait!

I do NOT do FB or Twitter, so maybe such topics could be of interest to me!

I have zero interest in the Royals, but would NEVER go on a thread to argue with others.

To each his own.

The posts about current hosts in the 'here and the now' can get just as ugly.  Host bashing is a national pastime on these boards sometimes.

Honored Contributor

Have I missed something ? Has it become mandatory to read posts you don't care about ? 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Clearly those threads are baiting. Sit back and she/he gets their entertainment watching the responses...