Contributor

No Way to Un-register from This Forum?

Please advise as to how we may un-register here.  I've emailed and gotten nowhere.  My personal email is being broadcast on Goggle searches when you search my username and QVC Forums.  I have my privacy settings set to "No One".  Your lack of security is unacceptable.  I wrote to Customer Service about this and they did nicely respond saying it's their function and gave me an email to contact that doesn't work and bounced back to me.  Please fix this and make an un-register fearure available. We are captive in a place which we wish to leave.

Super Contributor

Re: No Way to Un-register from This Forum?

Hi @Angelbear

There has been some recent confusion about the visibility of your email from these forums that is not correct.

You are correct, this is a public forum which means the posts are visible by internet search tools such as Google. However, no one but you can see your email. Try searching a different forum members name and you will see that you only have visibility to the basic forum info about that member (date started, recent posts, etc.). This is the same type of information you will see on any public forum.

We added a post about setting up privacy settings to help clear up any further confusion. I hope this helps: SETTING UP YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS

The default setting for your email is to NOT SHOW the email to anyone.

Contributor

Thank you for responding, Keyai.

So, you are saying that I can see my email only because it's MY email address but no one else can see it in a Google search?  That sounds reasonable and thank you for clearing that up. I saw someone post about it last night and tried it myself.

Still, though, if we did wish to leave the forums at some point, is there a way to do so?

Thank you again.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Correct, you are the only person who can see your own email.

Participation in the QVC forums is the same as participating in writing reviews on qvc.com. If you choose not to participate in posting a product review in the future, you just don't. There isn't a specific unsubscribe process that you need to take. The same goes for the QVC forums, if you choose to no longer participate, then you can just stop participating. There isn't a formal unsubscribe process you need to take if you decided you did not want to participate in the QVC forums. Even if you stop posting, you can still visit the forums and blogs and read the content. I hope this helps answer your question. 

Honored Contributor

@Angelbear, I'm far from a technically knowledgeable person, but others were speaking of this the last few days.  Have you tried Googling your nickname while you are logged out of this forum?  I have done mine, and only find the threads that my posts are in.  And when I click on my nickname within that thread/post, it only takes me back to a list of all my postings.  There was none of my personal information on any of the pages through Google.

It's the same as when you search another person's nickname here within the forum: you see their posts only.  But when they search their own name, they get their email address and other more personal information as well as what others can see.

That said, we do have to keep in mind that what we post here will be visible to everyone.  Which is a good thing to remember!  

Respected Contributor

If you want to unregister, then is it possible to close out your QVC account whereby you would not be able to purchase anything unless you were to re register?

Respected Contributor

What if you were to close out your entire QVC account?  Can you do this?

Let's say someone doesn't want to purchase anymore items?  Can you delete your account in its entirity.

Can someone go in and change their email account?

Super Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

What if you were to close out your entire QVC account?  Can you do this?

Let's say someone doesn't want to purchase anymore items?  Can you delete your account in its entirity.

Can someone go in and change their email account?

I suspect you cannot technically "close" your QVC account.  They would probably give you the same response -- that you can simply stop ordering.  I do not believe they would actually delete your information from their files.  I would be curious to know the answer.  Moderator?

If anyone is still concerned about the privacy of their e-mail address, yes, you can change your e-mail address in "My Settings."

Esteemed Contributor

@Keyai

Thank you for clearing up this issue. I just did a test as you suggested. I searched for my name through Google and I was able to see my e-mail address. I then picked another posters user name and I was not able to see their e-mail address.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the opposite problem O/P it seems that I always have to resign and or change my password since this nonsense started here with the change of the format of these forums. I have no idea how one would  un-register. i guess don't sign in for while forget your password or something. Woman Wink