Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,967
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.


@Effie54 wrote:

And they kept Shawn and Jane....go figure! 


...and Kerstin.  Isn't she supposed to come back in April?  I find her hard to watch.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

I am finished!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,546
Registered: ‎11-24-2013

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

@annie57 I'm sure they will survive (the company).

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,141
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

@Effie54  I disagree.  Firing usually does not give the employee severance or any other benefits.  Being laid off, often comes with a variety of separation benefits, at varying amounts.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,550
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.


@Krimpette wrote:

@Effie54  I disagree.  Firing usually does not give the employee severance or any other benefits.  Being laid off, often comes with a variety of separation benefits, at varying amounts.


I disagree. I think they were "let go"....same thing. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,553
Registered: ‎03-10-2013

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

I hate to hear this news.

 

I follow Carolyn on Instagram but not Dan. How is he listed?

 

I wonder who will take Carolyn's place on Denim and Co.

 

😢😢

Honored Contributor
Posts: 69,717
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

Spoiler
 

@Marie Antoinette wrote:

My husband and I are so upset at the news that Carolyn and Dan were fired! Is this

ageism? They were our favorites. Why don't you fire the new ones? We bought so, so many things at QVC because of them. We love Carolyn's wonderful imagination and whimsy! We love Dan's sense of humor and fun! One of the reasons we loved QVC was because there were people who represented our age group. We have been excellent customers for years.My husband just said to cancel all our accounts. Do we do that by calling or online?

 


@Marie Antoinette    Nobody was fired!  They were laid off or retired.  It seems Carolyn and Dan were suddenly given a retirement incentive and took it.  Big companies often do this for those eligible.

 

You should be happy for them as they both have other things they love to do and they now have no sales pressure.

 

I know Carolyn and dh have been dying to take trips in their new motor home.  They can now hit the open road.  Dan has his farm where he seems to spend his happiest hours.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,572
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

[ Edited ]

 


@Mrspph wrote:

Why are Caroline and Dan gone?  Who else?  I don't understand why you keep hiring younger people if you are going to let the older ones go.  Is this age discrimination?  What other hosts are being let go?  This is very disturbing. Caroline especially has such enthusiasm and kindness about her.  QVC Corporate  -


@Marie Antoinette wrote:

My husband and I are so upset at the news that Carolyn and Dan were fired! Is this

ageism? They were our favorites. Why don't you fire the new ones? We bought so, so many things at QVC because of them. We love Carolyn's wonderful imagination and whimsy! We love Dan's sense of humor and fun! One of the reasons we loved QVC was because there were people who represented our age group. We have been excellent customers for years.My husband just said to cancel all our accounts. Do we do that by calling or online?

 



Please RETHINK this.


the new ones are cheaper, than the long time hosts. The newbies are terrible and will NEVER be as good, as dan or carolyn.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎05-27-2010

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

By the wording of their posts.  Plus usually when a host leaves on their own terms they tell you during the last show that they are leaving.  This truly sucks.  These new hosts can't hold a candle to the veteran's.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,572
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.


@Effie54 wrote:

And they kept Shawn and Jane....go figure! 


and stacey and nancy....