Contributor

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

Perhaps they think it because it is true.. 400 were let go.  It is not hard to look it up.  No warning either.  Appaling.  These remarks will be removed no doubt.

Honored Contributor

@ollie5 It's called common sense. The company announced the firing/laying off of 400 employees. These 2 were gone very abruptly. Think about it.

Regular Contributor

Being laid off is not firing! There s a difference.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It just occurred to me that Carolyn must have been taken by surprise by this firing, because yesterday on Garden Party she announced that QVC was planning a one hour live-stream "pet show" in April and featuring Carolyn. She seemed very confident about it. 

Dan's post left little doubt about his being surprised by his firing.

I'll be watching less and less; and if I'm not watching, I'm not buying. That's the way I shop on QVC. 

Contributor

Because it was announced yesterday that QVC let 400 employees go. Some on HSN too. 

Regular Contributor

Dan was a favorite of mine and a great host compared with the newbies. What are they thinking.
Honored Contributor

While I enjoyed both of them, it's not going to impact my buying.  I understand that layoffs happen in most businesses from time to time.

New Contributor

There are a lot more I'd like to see gone too!!!! Some of the new ones are not good at al!!!! I just refuse to watch a few of the hosts. Seems they keep the bad ones and let the good ones go!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ollie5 wrote:

Being laid off is not firing! There s a difference.

It's pretty much the same thing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Judycats wrote:

There are a lot more I'd like to see gone too!!!! Some of the new ones are not good at al!!!! I just refuse to watch a few of the hosts. Seems they keep the bad ones and let the good ones go!!

Agreed! Many of the new shows are just not good! They are not naturals at it, and their presentations seem forced, and fake enthusiasm. I absolutely cannot believe they let Carolyn go. That's terrible.