Contributor

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

It just occurred to me that Carolyn must have been taken by surprise by this firing, because yesterday on Garden Party she announced that QVC was planning a one hour live-stream "pet show" in April and featuring Carolyn. She seemed very confident about it. 

Dan's post left little doubt about his being surprised by his firing.

I'll be watching less and less; and if I'm not watching, I'm not buying. That's the way I shop on QVC. 

So very sad that the perfect host for the pet niche has departed from Q!

I recently lost a pet, and the Pet Picks streaming was so comforting...I found so many great products on there too!

All the pet shows, garden shows, and streaming were such a joy!

Carolyn was so inspiring for Pet Moms like myself! She really was a role model -- if even a public figure version - for adopting pets/managing a career.

My purchasing and watching has declined. I am very loyal that way though! Heart

You've got to stand for something.....

Miss you, Carolyn & Dan.

Frequent Contributor

I'm going to be closing my QVC account shortly! I do have a few things that I still like. I just need to find another place to buy them! I used to only shop here. However I will no longer shop at a place that treats their employees so horribly!
Trusted Contributor

I can not believe that people actually will close their account.,because some hosts were let go!They are hosts NOT your best friend.I have other reasons if I would do that.

Honored Contributor

Actually, you cannot close your QVC account.  You can close your QVC credit card account only.

Respected Contributor

I miss Carolyn but have never stopped purchasing from any company because of their personnel decisions. I prefer not to frequent Walmart because of their employee practices but that's about it, i.e., their hours cut to make their employees qualify for public assistance. (Not sure this is still their practice but it's always on my mind.) I don't know how companies treat their employees usually so this would not be an issue for me.

Super Contributor

Losing a job is tough, and I am sad for all impacted. That being said, I am one of the customers who never purchased anything that either Carolyn or Dan presented. They both seemed like nice people, but I couldn't relate to either of them, and therefore usually changed the channel when they were on (especially Dan). I relate to and enjoy watching many of the hosts who are regularly criticized on these boards, or are deemed "unwatchable". It seems to be assumed that everyone loves and dislikes the same hosts or personality types, so I wanted to present another opinion.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It just so happened I watched Carolyn a lot because I order Denim and Co. Her Garden Party shows were good too, I learned a lot from watching that show.