Honored Contributor

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

It's amazing how naive people are about big corporations. 

Honored Contributor

@Judycats wrote:

There are a lot more I'd like to see gone too!!!! Some of the new ones are not good at al!!!! I just refuse to watch a few of the hosts. Seems they keep the bad ones and let the good ones go!!

Bad and good ...good and bad....Huh?  Do not understand this at all..... how do you rate bad vs good?   Is this College Degree explaining....scientific explaining....?🧐 a  scientific poll you took? 

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

And they kept Shawn and Jane....go figure! 

@Effie54    Shawn and Jane either were not eligible for or rejected retirement.

@Kachina624 

I can't find where they were offered retirement incentives.....the post that someone shared supposedly from Dan did not infer it was his choice at all.

Where did you see that?

My DH school offers early retirement incentives to get the top tier pay teachers out.

Agreed! I read the FB posts and they couldn't come right out and say they were,let go, but they insinuated it. It did not sound as if it was their decision. They were both blindsided. 

waitimg to hear from Pat James. She was very close to Dan, she must be heartbroken by the news much like the rest of us. I am shock and disbelief. Whoever is making decisions needs to be replaced.

@Reever , I agree.  I felt for Dan, but after that my first thought was of Pat.  They have been a good team for a long time.  However, I doubt we will hear from Pat, or that she will post on Dan's FB page.  She doesn't want to rock the boat with QVC.  She is getting up there, too, so I am sure she (and others) are walking on eggshells).

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

And they kept Shawn and Jane....go figure! 

@Effie54    Shawn and Jane either were not eligible for or rejected retirement.

@Kachina624 

I can't find where they were offered retirement incentives.....the post that someone shared supposedly from Dan did not infer it was his choice at all.

Where did you see that?

My DH school offers early retirement incentives to get the top tier pay teachers out.

Agreed! I read the FB posts and they couldn't come right out and say they were,let go, but they insinuated it. It did not sound as if it was their decision. They were both blindsided. 

waitimg to hear from Pat James. She was very close to Dan, she must be heartbroken by the news much like the rest of us. I am shock and disbelief. Whoever is making decisions needs to be replaced.

@Reever 

I highly doubt Pat would say anything publicly.

But she will have to change her Facebook profile photo.

If she stays.

@geezerette , yes, I noticed that, too, and it made me sad to see a picture of her and Dan.

Trusted Contributor

This too shall pass.  I feel bad for all 400 laid off employees and wishing them a bright future.  I regret my post of two days ago saying I had placed my final order with Q.  If I see something I want at a fair price, yeah I'll still order, as I've been doing for 30+ years.  I have become much more selective in my ordering due to this crazy economy.  

Regular Contributor

@Anita1981 wrote:

I notice that they run a promo of "funny" screw ups that happen on the shows. Things falling, breaking, hosts making weird faces. It's clear that they want the Clown Show over class.

They also want young XXS twig hosts over the more realistic body types that most of their viewer base can actually identify with.

And good lord, WHY is that LOGO line still being presented? That line should be sunsetted. Just this week, they dressed Carolyn and her side kick (one of the younger hosts that I don't care enough about to learn her name) in some LOGO denim with patches all over it. They were awful. It looked like the girls were dressing as scarecrows for Halloween.  I can only imagine that Carolyn would have rather been in her usual D&Co ensemble instead of those pants. Whatever stylist was responsible for THAT should be the one to go. 

@Anita1981 

Please be aware that there are many XXS senior ladies, it is not just young ladies who are slender. So yes, I can "actually identify" with a host who wears the same XXS that I do. And I am sorry that you feel my body type is not "realistic", it is the body I was born with and I can not help the fact that I have never had curves, but this is the way I am.

In addition, just a word about LOGO. Why is it still being presented? Because some of us enjoy & purchase it, that's why. YOU don't get to decide that a vendor's line should be 'sunsetted' simply because it is not YOUR taste. 

There are lines of clothing on the Q that I do not care for & do not purchase, however I would never call for QVC to eliminate them since others enjoy them. The world is a better place because we all like different things, don't you agree?

And we can agree to not body shame each other whether we are plus sized or slim. 

Occasional Contributor

Carolyn and Dan were two of my favorites.  Their departure makes me very uncomfortable.  All I ever heard was how the QVC "Family" was so wonderful.  Well, if you are family, you don't just axe people.  The reason I believe they were let go is that there was nothing to the contrary.  Dan Wheeler is the only person that I know of that has actually retired and when he left, they advertised his last show, brought out a cake and made a huge deal about it.  Everyone else has been axed, probably so they couldn't retire.  I am appalled.  I don't order much from QVC and it is for two reasons.  The prices are ridiculously high (12 pieces of chicken for $80.00??????) and they don't care about their employees.  That is obvious.  I stopped ordering from this horrible company when they axed Paula Deen.  Some of the new hosts they have are disgusting but they keep them and tell the seasoned, good hosts to take a hike.  Well, that's what I'm telling QVC....TAKE A HIKE!

Occasional Contributor

I agree.  I don't want to do business with this company anymore.  It makes me very uncomfortable to watch anymore, much less spend my hard earned money with a heartless monster.

Occasional Contributor

About 2 years ago, they laid off severl hosts and who knows how many non-hosts.  It was referred to as a "blood bath".  I think QVC is horrible.  You will often hear the words "QVC Family" to trick you into thinking they are great but they are not.  This is a corporate monster.  Horrible. 

Occasional Contributor

No.  This is wrong.  You cannot justify axing a 33 year veteran and a 19 year veteran.  It's wrong and it stinks.  QVC talks a good game, bragging on themselves but they don't walk the walk.  They hurt people and that is not OK.