Occasional Contributor

No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

My husband and I are so upset at the news that Carolyn and Dan were fired! Is this

ageism? They were our favorites. Why don't you fire the new ones? We bought so, so many things at QVC because of them. We love Carolyn's wonderful imagination and whimsy! We love Dan's sense of humor and fun! One of the reasons we loved QVC was because there were people who represented our age group. We have been excellent customers for years.My husband just said to cancel all our accounts. Do we do that by calling or online?

Re: No Caroline and Dan. No more orders.

Why are Caroline and Dan gone?  Who else?  I don't understand why you keep hiring younger people if you are going to let the older ones go.  Is this age discrimination?  What other hosts are being let go?  This is very disturbing. Caroline especially has such enthusiasm and kindness about her.  QVC Corporate  -

@Marie Antoinette wrote:

My husband and I are so upset at the news that Carolyn and Dan were fired! Is this

ageism? They were our favorites. Why don't you fire the new ones? We bought so, so many things at QVC because of them. We love Carolyn's wonderful imagination and whimsy! We love Dan's sense of humor and fun! One of the reasons we loved QVC was because there were people who represented our age group. We have been excellent customers for years.My husband just said to cancel all our accounts. Do we do that by calling or online?

Please RETHINK this.

Regular Contributor

Why does everyone assume they were fired?

Contributor

Especially Dan's post would make you lean that way.

He is hilarious.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not assuming anything but Carolyn did post on Instagram this morning that she is no longer with QVC.....another former host left a reply stating " as someone who has gone thru this I know the pain " 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's sad we won't see another garden party with Carolyn.  She's the only one with cred in plants and gardening.  They've been trying to position Sandra as a gardener but it just doesn't work.  Maybe they'll just get rid of plants.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

And they kept Shawn and Jane....go figure! 

Super Contributor

Corporations can hire and fire at will.  It's nothing personal. Employee's are not indispensable or owners.  I'm sure Caroline and Dan will go on with their lives and do great.

I'veI left jobs and I've been fired. Something better always always comes along!

Respected Contributor

Maybe they received packages and couldn't refuse the offer.

Honored Contributor

These people are hosts on a TV shopping network, then are not firends are family. I cannot fathom the emotional attachments some people have to them. I used to watch and have not seen a broadcast tin more than two years.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.