Respected Contributor

No Automatic Videos, Please

[ Edited ]

I realize there's already been threads on this, but instead of adding to it I'm adding another one in hopes someone finally changes this feature!!

It does NOTHING for me as a customer. I go into an item, first thing I do is check what's available in my size, what colors they come in, read garment sizing, look at visuals. The video, which is something that pops up now automatically, as soon as I click on colors, only causes me an unnecessary extra step to click it off, which, btw, I ALWAYS do!

WHEN and IF I want to see host/vendor tell me anything or show me how it moves on them, what size they wear, I'll then click the video.

PLEASE STOP THE AUTOMATIC VIDEOS! Worked fine without them for years. Read the complaints...many don't see the point of this; it's just an annoyance that makes the online experience less streamlined and more burdensome. Nothing, I'm sure that QVC as a retailer hopes to do in order to entice shopping here!

Honored Contributor

Re: No Automatic Videos, Please

How impatient people have become.  Really no big deal.  Back when no TV Shopping, internet and only catalog or B & M stores(going to store after store and spending so much time going through racks and trying things on. etc) and catalog ordering with little info and just a small still picture and no clue as to fit - remember how  long it took to find simething to buy.  Now just a second or two to click the video off is way too inconvenient?    Just don't get it!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Were you aware:

Videos are set to play automatically by default. You can change this setting anytime by deselecting the checkbox next to Play Video Automatically below the video
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Were you aware:

Videos are set to play automatically by default. You can change this setting anytime by deselecting the checkbox next to Play Video Automatically below the video

Were YOU aware that on some computers (my iPad, for an example), that option is not there?   I agree with the OP.  I find it very annoying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Were you aware:

Were YOU aware that on some computers (my iPad, for an example), that option is not there?   I agree with the OP.  I find it very annoying.

I have an iPad i use also, and it's the same as my computer -- the same option is on both.  I was just hoping to provide assistance or suggestions.  

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

How impatient people have become.  Really no big deal.  Back when no TV Shopping, internet and only catalog or B & M stores(going to store after store and spending so much time going through racks and trying things on. etc) and catalog ordering with little info and just a small still picture and no clue as to fit - remember how  long it took to find simething to buy.  Now just a second or two to click the video off is way too inconvenient?    Just don't get it!!

@Pook   Then I'd like to offer my experience with this annoyance:

I'm on my tablet with many apps and websites open at one time (often comparing prices or checking social media reels).  I have my volume set to watch those where I like it.  Then I search an item on QVC's website, open the item page, and select a color to view.  Unfortunately, that's when the audio of the video automatically plays --  while I'm looking at color choices.  It's not even the video itself, it's the loud audio playing in the background.  

Here's my scenario #2 -- I play music on my iPad in the background while I'm searching different websites.  But when the QVC video's audio plays it automatically cuts off my music playing.  So I have to then stop the QVC video, and then go back to the music app and restart my music, then go back to the QVC website.

No, there's no box to check or un-check to stop the automatic video/audio.  It doesn't start playing the audio until I click on any one of the options for the item -- color/scent/ size, etc. 

There is a box when I'm on QVC on my laptop.  But I rarely use my laptop for QVC or any shopping.  I use my iPad.

It's a nuisance.  Plus -- it has only been happening recently.  It was not like this before a few weeks ago.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

On my iPad, the option to turn off play videos automatically pops up for about 2 seconds. And then disappears. Very annoying.

Not a problem on my laptop. 

Honored Contributor

When I first come to QVC, the first item that I check on has the 'play video automatically' set as a default.

Once I uncheck that check under the video, it removes the automatic check on any other subsequent videos.

No big deal to me, it's just one click to solve the problem.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

On my iPad, the option to turn off play videos automatically pops up for about 2 seconds. And the disappears. Very annoying.

Not a problem on my laptop. 

@deeva,

and like so many others have said, this is what happens to me.

So for many it is not a simple solution of "just uncheck the box!"

You have to have super fast fingers to get the box u

nchecked before the video starts.You've got maybe 1 and a half seconds! I only was able to do it once.

So after the video starts while I was trying to look at colors and more details, I just start clicking over and over on the color to stop the video.

So there is NOT an easy solution here other than, QVC just stop making this a default thing.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"