Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 Nope. The mods have stated more than once that there will be no new forums.

Respected Contributor

Maybe @Group 5 minus 1  was joking.  As much as posters complain about what they dislike about hosts in a degrogatory way, the last thing we need would be a category bringing out all the bashers.  They could go to town with their complaints not caring that these are actual people they are anonymously judging who are only trying to make a living.  I bet they would not say the same things face to face.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 

That's the CUSTOMER ranting.

I assume the Supervisor de-escalated and did NOT dress down the employee in front of the Karen customer.

If the Supervisor DID, they should be fired.

I WAS a Supervisor 22 of my 33 years in a MegaCorp Utility, the field NOT the customer service.

Occasionally someone WOULD complain about one of the techs, wherein it was discussed with the tech.( the gas Company employees who worked IN customer's homes)..

I was non committal if it happened in FRONT of both parties (unless it was SO dangerous or obvious).in the employees favor.

I recall what it was like to be IN the field, on the other end of that conversation, and woudl I have wanted my boss to dress me down or discuss with the other employees.

If there needed to be followup discussion or even discipline, MOST employees  appreciated it more that it was IN PRIVATE.

NO discussions in front of the customer, and no discussions EVER with his co workers.

IF there was a followup call to the concerned customer, it was to let them know thier complaint was addressed.

By the end of my career, that discussion was "boilerplate" and scripted to avoid lawsuits.

Remember that when you make a complaint and expect someone to call back and "take your side" against an employee. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. There are ways to resolve without that.

Anyway, I think it would be a bad idea.

When I worked, dealing with customers was the WORST part of the job.

Even here on QVC.....I like some hosts and dislike others. That the way it is, but I try not to flame them..post fun comments, yes, but they are people in the end, doing thier jobs, where, like someone else here mentioned, their Supervisors and HR and most important,the SALES DEPARTMENT, are keeping a close eye.

When David V does the Happy Dance and 1000 more sets of tough steaks are sold in ten minutes, that's about ALL QVC is interested in...!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New forum idea

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen 

I was only addressing that customers  do criticize employees every day and it's not all done secretly in private .

First of all why did you resort to  saying " Karen customer ".  Karen is a code word. ..

Also why did you  use all capital letters  on  words -  that is known as "  yelling "  at the text receiver .

For the rest of your post, yes  your choice of how to address complaints sound like you were a fair and respectful  to  employees and customers .

Honored Contributor

There is enough unkind things posted about the hosts.  A forum for that would blow up in a heart beat.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@skatting44 

If you're analyzing my comment to that degree,( Karen, caps etc). I'm afraid you would not be very complimentary to the hosts on the new forums.....

I could be wrong of course.

I don't know what Karen is "code" for, but I knows one when I sees (or hears) one in the wild!!!!

Enough!!! Let's move on. My feeling is QVC is not going to have a forum that could lead to sanctioned bashing, and if the hosts can't be bashed, why bother?

We can already express opinions on all the other forums....

Respected Contributor

Why?  Aren't they already constantly berated and criticized here enough?  Their hands are tied as far as defending themselves.  We do not know what they are directed to do by the PTB nor what kind of pressures they are under every day.  And don't say if they don't like it they can quit.  They have families to support and problems just like everyone else.

If, however, all things being fair, if this is allowed, do the hosts get a chance to answer their accusers?  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

There is already too much ridiculous bashing of hosts so I can only imagine what a forum page about hosts would be like.

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

QVC has always been about entertainment, and hosts have always been "personalities."  

@paixmcdao   I agree.

Requesting a forum about hosts seems to be a way to start the ball rolling to be rude; all this complaining is stale and tiring.

"Cacklng" "Loud" "Can't stand watching *insert name* etc. all ends up in a cyber circular file anyway.

I seriously doubt the Q will ever shut down because some customers do not like certain hosts.

Even if the posts are kind, somebody will always counter with a negative.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I've often suggested a DIY / Hacks thread, but others reminded me that there will be no further topics.

So, 'that's that', so to speak.  (Channeling my mom.......)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).