Esteemed Contributor

New Q site more hits than ever to get where you are going.

Way to many hits to get where you are trying to go.

It is making it cumbersome to shop.

Valued Contributor

Re: New Q site more hits than ever to get where you are going.

I totally agree, similar to HSN, you need 10 minutes to get to where you want to go. QVC's IT department should be teminated. One doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to realize people will lose interest and don't have the time to spend 10 minutes on the computer to look for an item.  Done with it.  Stupid corporate, stupid marketing, and they are wasting their money on these employees, and making it more difficult for the shoppers.  Bye QVC, not interested in seeing your "sweepstakes" window overtaking everything. Enough already

Super Contributor

I totally agree.  Instead of making the navigation of this site easier, you are making it more difficult and time consuming.  I never use the HSN site for that reason.  Please stop trying to make things more complicated, we don't need it.  Give these site designers something else to do or you are going to lose shoppers. 

Super Contributor

Maybe I missed it, but yesterday I was looking on the main page for the automated ordering number.  Spent several minutes looking. Finally found it under Customer service/ordering/how to place an order.

Someone once said, if you have to click more than 3 times, you've lost a customer. OK, that's just 3 times, but I didn't start out looking for Customer Service, I started out looking for Automated Ordering.

Shouldn't the pertinent phone numbers be on the main page?

Or maybe it's just me...........

Respected Contributor

This truly boggles the mind. Makes me want to pull my hair out. It is sooooooo obvious that the "folks" who make these changes on this website do not in any way use it on a daily basis like most of us here do. They don't have a clue.

I think I'm out. I don't have the time or patience to spend three times as long to navigate the site today as opposed to yesterday before these changes were made.

What a shame, QVC.       

Honored Contributor

@summerwindwrote:

Maybe I missed it, but yesterday I was looking on the main page for the automated ordering number.  Spent several minutes looking. Finally found it under Customer service/ordering/how to place an order.

Someone once said, if you have to click more than 3 times, you've lost a customer. OK, that's just 3 times, but I didn't start out looking for Customer Service, I started out looking for Automated Ordering.

Shouldn't the pertinent phone numbers be on the main page?

Or maybe it's just me...........

I've noticed on many business pages, it is hard to find phone numbers, and especially on the home page. 

I just chalked it up to everything going online, and businesses want to do less and less on the phones, and more on the internet, including customer service, and ordering. 

I don't like that it is hard to find the numbers on many sites now, but I'm guessing it isn't going to get any better as more and more is done online.

@summerwind

Respected Contributor

Yes, businesses want to streamline their workforce and CS is expensive. Just trying to get to any live person a telephone is like running the gauntlet. I know it doesn’t work, but I find myself yelling at the voice recognition software, “CUSTOMER SERVICE.”

Honored Contributor

@hopiwrote:

Way to many hits to get where you are trying to go.

It is making it cumbersome to shop.

Agreed.  I posted in Customer Care yesterday that a lot with the new site is not working and that the goal of most IT depts is to make websites easier to use ... including the fewer clicks, the better.