Honored Contributor

Re: New Purchases from China

[ Edited ]

I can attest to American made jeans.  I only buy American made jeans.  There  are about 6 jean companies (perhaps more)  that are made here.  But these are ones I buy from. The are:

3X1

Paige Jeans

J Brand

AG

Rag & Bone

Citizens of Humanity

McGuire Jeans

Imogene + Willie

Strangely enough, 4 of them are British companies that are headquartered in New York and L.A.  The oldest of them started in the early 2000's,  One of them was an  off shoot of another other jean companies (7 For All Mankind) when that company went overseas.

The down side is they are very expensive.  Probably the highest is 3X1.  That company & Rag & Bone have factories in Soho, New York.  They sometimes are over $200.00. But they do have sales (with exception of Citizens) These companies are unionized and give health care to their workers. 

All of the ones I've purchased are excellent in quarlity. 

Contributor

Bravo MS Elly. Everything is consumer driven. We have a voice, however, it will not happen over night. Everytime someone asks , or refuses to buy " Made in China" we are making our voices heard. Companies fled to China for bigger profits, they can return to the USA .  Let's try. Let's bring back " Made in the USA" . 

New Contributor

It would be helpful if the host identifies where garment is manufactured. I am trying to be concientious as to where my purchases are coming from. I do not want to purchase items made in China. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Kachina624

Well said and I agree.  I recently heard an Irish author state that other countries refer to the US as pitiful, not great, not rich, not mighty but pitiful.  Gee, I can't imagine why.

Trusted Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Kachina624

Well said and I agree.  I recently heard an Irish author state that other countries refer to the US as pitiful, not great, not rich, not mighty but pitiful.  Gee, I can't imagine why.

Nice that you think so little of your country.  It is people who make a country, so look to yourself if you believe the USA is "pitiful."   (And an Irish author... of course, an authority.) 

Honored Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@rdwarrior wrote:

I agree.   I'm trying to avoid supporting Chi-Com regime as much as possible.   I would rather own one pair of jeans costing $120, than four pairs at $30/each.    As much as I love Temptations cookware and place settings, I've been seeking out American-made (Corelle, for example) whenever possible.   The decisions made by our country over the past 30-50 years have put us all in a precarious position.   Jeans and cookware are one thing -- but when your medical supplies and drugs are mostly sources from China, NOT GOOD.   We have to bring production back to this country.   

@rdwarrior When you get right down to it, the consumers drove those decisions.  If we hadn't made those choices, the mfg would still be here.

So it is up to us to make some noise and buy some US products as we can and make our voices heard at the same time.  Our voices and our wallets. 

That is partially true.  But also corporate tax structures and heavy-handed regulations over the past decade made manufacturing companies look outside the USA.  You can't blame all this mess totally on the consumer because that is not true. 

@SarahW Point well taken.  And the time frame is spot on. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner. Well said. Some folks will
Just never understand
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden. My Pillow guy is a certifiable nutcase and a liar
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@SeaMaiden. My Pillow guy is a certifiable nutcase and a liar

@Teddixat...Send me the link where you read the info about this person

Honored Contributor

SarahW

Yes, people make up a country and in every country there are good and bad.  Without going into anything controversial or offensive, I stand by what I say.  You are entitled to feel other wise.  Stay safe.