I was just about ready to order a few sets of the Northern Nights today's special value sheets in my cart, but when looking at the questions, they said they were made in China.  I will try from now on to purchase items made in America or countries that aren't out to take advantage of us. Our country used to have excellent fabric mills that have disappeared. Sorry China, but our purchasing relationship has now ended.  I want QVC to list the country products are made in so we can make informed decisions.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Purchases from China

@Ms Elly wrote:

I was just about ready to order a few sets of the Northern Nights today's special value sheets in my cart, but when looking at the questions, they said they were made in China.  I will try from now on to purchase items made in America or countries that aren't out to take advantage of us. Our country used to have excellent fabric mills that have disappeared. Sorry China, but our purchasing relationship has now ended.  I want QVC to list the country products are made in so we can make informed decisions.

@Ms Elly  And there you have one of the problems ' our country's  fabric mills have disappeared'.  

Honored Contributor

@Ms Elly    We've had many discussions on this subject which is really a moot point since there are few, if any, fabric mills or manufacturers in the US.  It's our own government which is taking advantage of us with tariffs.  Don't believe everything you read or hear.

Remember that, according to financial experts, we need China much more that China needs us.  Keep that in mind when you go to buy a new TV, computer, cell phone, major appliance or wardrobe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

In the last 15 -20 years customer demand for lower prices brought us everything being made overseas. The popularity of Walmart and Target clothing as well as QVC and HSN illustrate the trend.

Clothing went to China 20 years ago, almost everything apparel related is not made in the US. The  products that are made here are 2 to 3 times more expensive.

Jeans made here are usually $150-250 vs. $20-50 made in China.

@Ms Elly wrote:

Trusted Contributor

Wishing the OP lots of luck in searching for items made in the US.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ms Elly    We've had many discussions on this subject which is really a moot point since there are few, if any, fabric mills or manufacturers in the US.  It's our own government which is taking advantage of us with tariffs.  Don't believe everything you read or hear.

Remember that, according to financial experts, we need China much more that China needs us.  Keep that in mind when you go to buy a new TV, computer, cell phone, major appliance or wardrobe.

@Kachina624  Thank you for the information and I will keep that in mind as I make my decision about what I purchase and from where it was manufactured!

Valued Contributor

@Ms Elly   The Vermont Country Store has sheets made in Portugal. Very nice but of course you are paying more.

Other than those, I have yet to find sheets not made in China.

Esteemed Contributor

I went to the My Pillow website, hoping his sheets were made here, but they are not.  All it states is, "Imported."

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@piperbay wrote:

@Ms Elly   The Vermont Country Store has sheets made in Portugal. Very nice but of course you are paying more.

Other than those, I have yet to find sheets not made in China.

and those sheets are $30 just for a standard pillow case.  a single size sheet set is $99. not sure if the cases are even included.  queen $140.  your choice how you choose to spend your money.

Honored Contributor

Some sheets are made in India; my last set from Northern Nights was made there.

As for China, people can chose--or not--to buy things imported from there.  I do hope, however, they don't feel that way about buying our debt.