Valued Contributor

Never complained about shipping costs until...

I bought a shirt I really like. $3.50 shipping sounds reasonable.

I love it so much I want to to buy 5 more colors, but then $17.50 shipping? That does not seem reasonable at all. 

Didn't QVC use to discount shipping if you bought multiple items of the same brand? Was it $1 shipping for each item after? I would like it if they went back to that.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Never complained about shipping costs until...

In the good old QVC days they used to charge one charge for shipping and, as long as it was the same item, you could buy as many as you wanted for just one shipping charge.  Then it changed to a shipping charge for each one that you buy of the same item. I think they would get more business if they went back to that.

Honored Contributor

I do remember when the first cost to ship clothing was more than 3.50 and there was then a lower price for multiples.  First item was often 5.95 with the second one half off.  With today’s system, we are ahead nearly $2 if we buy 2 of the same item.  I suspect that’s far more common than buying 5 of the same item at once.

I rarely buy multiples, so the lower price for shipping one item at a time plus the many items for which shipping is free works well for my kind of shopping.

Super Contributor

I confess that this does not always work, but I wait for the free shipping days. I save items that I want into my wish list. When a free shipping day (or hours) comes into play, I start shopping my wish list. You do take the chance that the item or the size/color that you want will be sold out, but that has only happened a few times. For the most part, I get what I want for the free shipping. 

Esteemed Contributor

The sad truth is that as soon as your package weight goes over 1 lb, the rates increase significantly. I just sent a birthday package to my niece who lives 2 1/2 hours away, and because the box came in at 1 lb 2 oz, it cost $8.55 and had to be shipped via USPS Priority Mail. QVC really does share savings in many areas of shipping, so I try to be understanding when the rates are occasionally frustrating. (I mean, if you're going to have to pay for shipping, it's pretty great that it's just $5.50 for a heavy set of stoneware or $7.50 for a huge ladder!)

I just received one package containing a pair of Reebok’s & a pr of medium linen pants and was charged separate shipping for both (5.50+3.50) with the shipping box being no bigger than a shoe box. I think that’s a bit much and leads me to think the Q is snagging extra cash. Just leaves me with a bad feeling.
Respected Contributor

You must consult the number crunchers.  Bottom line.

Super Contributor

It makes no sense to pay shipping on every single item that you buy from any online outlet but it is only the TV sales that do that.. There are so many other outlets that give you free shipping if you purchase $25 or $30 dollars worth of merchandise. Why doen't the television sales do that? They are an advertisement to themselves.

Occasional Contributor

greed and poor management