Trusted Contributor

Need to See Wide Width Shoe on Air During Presentation for Comparison

I never see a wide width shoe either on air or on model's feet during presentation.

Please have one sample pf wide width on table when showing shoes so we can compare the difference.  It may help us decide.  Especially with high cost of return S&H.

I was thrilled to see the Skecher TSV yesterday in wide where the representative said it is same as double wide.  I ordered the same size I get in New Balance 813 (811) walking shoes which are the only sport shoe that fit me comfortably.  Hoping the one I get will be a comparable fit.

How about it QVC?

Respected Contributor

Re: Need to See Wide Width Shoe on Air During Presentation for Comparison

Huh?  You want them to hire models with wide width feet?????  Because I'm fairly certain none of the QVC models wear wide width shoe, not even the plus size models.  How would it help?  Wide width shoes don't look any different than medium width shoes.  If you put them on a table, side by side.  You wouldn't be able to tell which one was the wide width. 

Super Contributor

How do we know a model hasn't worn a wde-width shoe on air?  Would you be able to spot wide feet on TV?  I agree that you wouldn't see a difference even if they did hold them up side by side. 

Not everyone can buy things like shoes off a shopping channel and should stick with brick and mortar shopping for those things.

Honored Contributor

I wear wide shoes and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd be able to tell a difference by looking at the shoes on the air or on the model's foot. 

And as Heart of Spade pointed out, I have no way of knowing if a model is or is not wearing a wide shoe. I can't look at a model's feet on the air any guess her shoe size within a half-size - how would I be able to tell her shoe is wider just by looking?

I don't feel this would actually benefit anyone - probably not even you.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Huh?  You want them to hire models with wide width feet?????  Because I'm fairly certain none of the QVC models wear wide width shoe, not even the plus size models.  How would it help?  Wide width shoes don't look any different than medium width shoes.  If you put them on a table, side by side.  You wouldn't be able to tell which one was the wide width. 

The don't have wide feet.  Trust me.  The majority of viewers with wide feet are because of bunions.  Which usually doen't appear until middle age.  Most of the models are young.  And you can't tell the difference by comparing two types of shoes.  Models are hired to be able to wear any shoe size and expect to be able to walk around in them.  They don't have time to ask models what shoe size they wear.  Since most shoes are for medium width, they shold be able to wear them.

Honored Contributor

Most models are tall and thin and tend to have long narrow feet.  Then there's me who is 5'4" and wears an 11B, recently expanded from a AA width.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Did anyone who responded actually read my request.  I said "let me see one wide width shoe on table next to regular b width just for comparison.  I did not state they should hire a wide width foot model.

Everyone is so ready to attack any idea.  My request would not kill anybody here, but maybe get an idea of the width difference between the two for comparison.

Take your fangs back please.

Honored Contributor

Aren't wide widths pretty standard?     I really doubt even eye balling the two shoes would make much difference.

Trusted Contributor

"tnkrbl44" yes it might make a difference to see.  There are differences in wide width shoes.  I have ordered Ryka in the past and wide width did not fit me so gave up.  Along that time I read many many reviews where "b" width women ordered wide and found comfort.  Obviously the shoes were just wide enough to give comfort to medium width ladies.  I realize they may have ordered wide to be able to wear heavy socks.

The recent TSV by Skechers came in wide width, and the representative stated "wide" is really a "EE" width, which is double wide, so I ordered them to see what happens.  Was thrilled to see there may be a possible fit for me.

I am just frustrated that I cannot wear most of the great shoes on QVC; along with women with narrow foot which cannot get them either.

For those who are lucky enough that they can order and get a good fit - good for you.

Honored Contributor

I wear a wide "C" width and they are slightly wider than a medium width. You made a good point.  Sometimes the wide widths are actually much wider but I never had a problem with Clarks ordering a wide width -- they always fit.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength